Micro Motor Community

URGENT! Betaflight motor remap

I was soldering up my SPracing f3 brushed Evo and I broke the capacitor for motor 4, so I decided to solder the motor to the motor 5 pad, how can I make motor 4 in betaflight run motor 5? This is urgent because I have a race tommorow and I need this quad.

0 Likes

If you type “resource” in the CLI, you’ll get a list of the output pins for each motor. Check out the assigned values to motor 4 and motor 5. You want to swap the the motor 4 and motor 5 outputs.

Type into the CLI “resource MOTOR 4 none”, Enter, then “resource MOTOR 5 none”, Enter. Then reset the motor outputs on motor pads 4 and 5 by typing “resource MOTOR 4 XXX”, Enter, and “resource MOTOR 5 XXX”, Enter, where XXX is swapped from 4 to 5 and 5 to 4. Then type SAVE, Enter.

If you find that difficult to understand just post your resource list (just the motors info) from the CLI and we can go from there.

1 Like

If I read it right, I think you’ll get the following assignments for motors 4 and 5:

resource MOTOR 4 A12
resource MOTOR 5 B08

If that’s correct, you can just paste the below into the CLI and hit enter:

resource MOTOR 4 none
resource MOTOR 5 none
resource MOTOR 4 B08
resource MOTOR 5 A12
save

0 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Umm, while testing with I multimeter I managed to short motor pads… How bad is that?

0 Likes

Well, you still have motors 6, 7 and 8 spare if you killed #5.

0 Likes

Ye lol, thanks for the help tho, I’ll finish up the build and see if I didn’t ■■■■ anything else up.

0 Likes

https://youtu.be/2h-Mum6zadY Lol what did I screw up this time

0 Likes

Won’t boot betaflight anymore… I think I got a faulty boi

0 Likes

From this thread… It most probably wasn’t dead on arrivial but dead on assembly. :smiley:

0 Likes

Lol yeah, I should’ve gotten a proper soldering tip.

0 Likes