Tattu claims their 220mAh batteries have 45/90C discharge capacity

Tattu 220mAh 3.7V 45C 1S1P Lipo Battery Pack is designed for Blade Inductrix, Tiny Whoop FPV, Nano QX, Nano CPX, Nano CPS, in the E-flite micro planes etc.

Specifications:

Minimum Capacity: 220mAh
Configuration: 1S1P*5 / 3.7v
Discharge Rate: 45C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 90C
Net Weight(±20g): 5.5g
Dimensions: 51mm Length x 12mm Width x 6mm Height

Hey Flora, welcome to the forum.
Spam posts like yours get flagged here immediately, and I usually delete them and the user account.
But I found your 45C/90C claim so cute that I thought I’d give you the chance to tell us a little more about how you get 19.8A through that 1.25mm plug.
Please, go ahead - Im curious!

P.S. sorry, I edited your title a little and deleted your links. Hope thats OK :wink:

Tattu can claim a lot. :wink:
Looking forward to some real tests.

My only experience with Tattus are some 4s 450mAh 65C packs and I don’t have the feeling that the C rating is extremely honest.

I admit some c ratings are not realistic, but doesn’t mean it is fake, we have tested it at machine with 95c, lasts 2.5seconds. When a label marked as 45/95c, people mostly use around 15c-25c. 95C is peak current, lasts no longer than 2 seconds . Welcome to our lab or factory to see how it goes, and how c rating is labeled. Fake claim means no matter how you do, it can not reach the c rating your claims. This is not the case here.

Fantastic, as you have welcomed us to your lab - would you mind posting the data from your testing equipment and the specifics of how you set up your tests? As a materials science engineer myself - I find it feasible that the cell itself is capable of a 2.5 second burst of 20 amps - however…
I don’t find it realistic that it is going to produce that current through the included internal wiring and jst plug. I also do not think it’s realistic that the cell can produce that without sustaining permanent damage. As hobbiests we would rather our burst c rating be a realistic and usable spec that we could expect your product (exactly as its sold) to deliver for us under regular use. Unfortunately c ratings have become a useless spec of manufacturer bragging rights and basically do not help consumers at all.

My assumption of your procedures - burst c rating is established by these “labs” by shorting the cell through a high current ammeter and recording the current produced at 2.5s just moments before the cell bursts into flames. Hahaha - how is this even still a thing.

Why don’t you start posting a spec for internal resistance under different current loads! Or would that require an unrealistic amount of quality control. Lol

Thanks for staying with us @Flora, Im glad you can deal with our sarcasm :smiley:

Let me re-phrase that:
When a battery delivers 15/25C, people mostly stick a 45C label on.

So when customer needs 15C battery, he buys one with 45C label, because 15C label only delivers 5C.

The burst rating is actually not that interesting. If I want maximum power for 2.5s, I’d just take a fire cracker.
But if that pack would actually deliver 45C continuous, I promise we will find a spectacular use for it!

I would love to see that. Can you make a video about your testing procedure for continuous current?
Or even better, a live stream. Thats the modern way of inviting people into your lab.