So this is how I adjust PIDs and the ACC while I'm in the air

I explain this a lot via text but figured a video would clear it up. This is why I constantly push people to try adjustable PIDs!

2 Likes

Holy Cow @Complacent1 I see how you like the Taranis. Love those sliders on the side!

@Complacent1 I am flat out just holding onto my TX so I don’t drop it and there you are adjusting your PID’s on the fly :slight_smile: Nice work man

1 Like

This only works when standing with a strap or TX in my lap. Otherwise I’m holding onto the TX for dear life as well.

1 Like

@complacent1 could you explain me/us hop to set that up for example with cleanflught and a scisky fc? Would be awesome :wink:

Unfortunately Cleanflight doesn’t inherently have the ability to adjust PID variables in this manner. It does however have a less intuitive way to do it with switches and knobs. Less control this way but its doable. I’ve been thinking about doing adjustable Level P on the Scisky. In my opinion adjustable pitch/roll P and D on Cleanflight isn’t worth it. You’re better off using good static PIDs, but Level P might be worth it.

I’m out of town right now but when I get back if I get around to messing with it I’ll post info on the procedure.

Here is a video I did a while back where I setup adjustable rates via cleanflight. The procedure would be similar so this would give you an idea what you can do with Cleanflight.

2 Likes

If anyone tries to setup adjustments using my video above please note the YouTube comment on the video from the creator of Cleanflight. He made a great correction to my method:

3 Likes