Micro Motor Community

Silverware FC Pinout

I read all the Silverware info and I have a couple questions. @NotFastEnuf

Sorry about all the questions. If there’s a thread that I can find this info plz point me to it (or a page in a long thread).

1. In the hardware.h file are PA13 and PA14 always not supposed to be set or will I have to check which pins run to SWDIO and SWDCLK on my FC?

2. Should I always use USE_SOFTWARE_I2C and SOFTI2C_SPEED_FAST and HW_I2C_SPEED_FAST2 and HW_I2C_PINS_PA910?

3. To find which pins go to the LEDs would I just trace from the STM32 to the power for the LEDs

4. To find which pins go to the motors would I trace from the STM32 to the gate (middle) pin on the mosfets closest to the motors I want?

5. How do I figure out everything listed under the comment “Soft I2C & Gyro” in config.h? I’m kind of confused about what these definitions are for especially the hex codes.

6. For the SOFTSPI_3WIRE defines in config.h would I just reference the RX chip pinout also?

7. How do I know which are the voltage divider pins? Are they on the MCU?

Thanks!

A lot of those questions are dependent on the board you’re using. Which one is it? It may have already been silverised so you don’t have to go to all that effort

It’s from an Estes quad. This is the MCU pinout and the RX and MPU numbers.

I don’t think that board has been silverised yet! You’ll have to trace it all, holding up the board against a light will help you trace and also using a multimeter. LEDS will likely be connected to a resistor, so you could trace backwards from LED + to resistor and resistor to STM32F. In the case of I2C speed etc I’d guess that the board is close to a few of the CG203 boards in those aspects hardware wise (http://sirdomsen.diskstation.me/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=openmicro), so may be a good starting point. I’m sure Notfastenuf and Iann444 would be abe to give you better information than i could.

I do believe the Estes quad was actually hacked at some point. I’ll head over to the rcgroups thread and run a quick search.

Hrm… couldn’t find it. Anyway here goes…

1. Refer to data sheet for the mcu… it will list pin functions in a chart. There will be many alternate functions but only two pins will be swd.

2. Software i2c should work on all the supported gyros… but you’ll have to trace the data lines off the gyro to the mcu, it’s probably not gonna be pa9 and 10, don’t turn at the pull up resistors. If it’s an unsupported gyro then you could start with disabling gyro check and using hardware i2c. What gyro is it btw?

3. Leds will be powered from the mcu through a current limiting resistor. Again more tracing and then referencing the mcu data sheet for pin identification

4. Yes trace from mosfet gate to mcu… don’t take a turn at the pull down resistors.

5. Those hex codes are gyro id’s. Every gyro series returns a unique id (sometimes more than one id in a series) - refer to your gyro data sheet to retrieve the id. Again there is an option to disable gyro check and skip this. You can always debug to get it later after your hard wired connections are pinned out right

6. I think you’ll be using 4 wire on that fc… if memory serves from pictures you posted other places it is the small square shaped xn297?

7. Start with your mcu datasheet. Voltage divider has to go to a pin with adc functionality. Then start tracing off those pins. One of them is bound to tie in right between two resistors … one of them will go to ground and the other to vbat.

Advice: compile often to check yourself :smile: you don’t want to get too far beyond a mistake before you catch it. You basically have to reverse engineer the fc. Start drawing yourself a schematic. Do a Google search for ian444 e011 schrmatic too… that will give you an idea of how everything is connected up to the mcu on a different package f0. Then go find the same stuff!

Thanks for the help! I’ll dig into it now and draw up some FC schematics.

The MCU had the markings M681. Jtwalkz posted the pinout for me on Discord.

The RX had the markings XN297. I’m going to check the RCGroups main Silverware thread for the pinout.