Silverware dedicated brushless fc (experimental hardware testing)

Welcome @SirDomsen! So nice to see you here :smile:
Here are the links to the files for brushed and brushless!
NotFastEnuf "Boss Series" Brushed Frames - 3D Printable (v2 stl files post #368)
NotFastEnuf "Brushless Boss Series" - 3D printable frames

This is indeed an awesome place and I can’t wait to hear about your experiences with the frames!!! I hope to see you document your journey with tge Boss frames in the linked threads so we can give you tips and pointers from what we’ve learned about them. I’m excited you’ll be flying a boss!!!

Interesting.

Lol you just beat me to it … hehe link is currently copied to my clipboard now as I scramble around dancing and pasting. Lol

I saw that too

@NotFastEnuf via you lol

It’s great to see @silver13, @Ian444 and @SirDomsen over here at long last too. I see that @chrisdo has told you about the BetaFPV Whoop FC running SilverWare and was wondering your thoughts on this.

I am also interested in whether BitViper has anything to do with this and also your thoughts on this if that is indeed the case?

Oh and I’ll bite :slight_smile: Ordered one for "testing " I wonder if they want to sell some 8bit MultiWii Pedr :alien: Whoops ? I somehow doubt it :grinning:

I’m curious how they’re suggesting people configure it. It’s not the most newbie friendly process after all.
I’m also very curious what the silverware licence looks like and what/whose PIDs they used.

Pids are tunable on stick gestures. So that’s a non issue. License is in the files. You have copies. I wonder if they used nfe settings. Lol

Yes @Bobnova all very interesting questions but as they all know by now, Open Source licenses mean nothing to the Chinese and I suppose that it is a double edged sword. All this stuff is so cheap because they really do not give a hoot about who designed the hard or software and any attribution to those people a lot of the time.

It has happened on numerous occasions with the AlienWii and AlienFlight hardware and more recently the tinyFISH FC’s of Simon’s.

Some cloners give the proper attribution and some are not in the least interested and seem to mistakenly think that they actually did all the hard work :slight_smile:

Good to see you’re taking one for the team @pedro147 :smiley:
I would think this is just a clone of one of the many STM powered Silverware capable toy fcs out there. It was mentioned in the development thread on RCGroups that it would be good if the cloners pick up on the new design, I’m not sure if that’s the official line :wink:

Yes @Chaotix as we know all this is a runaway freight train and all I can say is

“sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride” :grinning:

Also @silver13 can I ask what is the feasibility of, in time developing a GUI based system for SilverWare ?

Well it looks stranegly familiar if you only look at the center section of the board. There even is the pad for the baro leftover :smiley:

So I doubt it’s BitViper involved, just a slightly modified bwhoop board.

The interesting thing is that it comes stock on Silverware, Curious on which settings. Perhaps @pedro147 you can hook the debugger up to see what they did (don’t forget to disable the flash before debug option :wink: )

I think in general it’s OK to see the cloners not as cloners but as manufacturers as we never had the plan to sell the FC or make profit out of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I have zero experience with that but I have wanted to learn so sure, I am willing to do that when the FC arrives.

So debugger wise I have a cloned CC-Debugger is that suitable for this @SirDomsen

No, no, it’s done using Keil. Not very complicated. Look here to get an idea :slight_smile:

I use the MIT licence for Silverware. That means anyone can do anything, pretty much, with it, except sue me.

That’s good to hear! Mostly because it means this is legit and I don’t have to be grumpy about betafpv. I was starting to like them and now I still do.

I find this all very exciting!

Currently the thinking is to try a bluetooth chip and use android for config on future boards. This does not apply to current boards.

If the bluetooth works out…

Oh course Sorry it’s been a long time since I did the SW Flash :grinning:

Excellent approach. Thanks

Another quick update on the brushless board.
The more I fly and tune, the better it’s getting, I’m flying a brushless 2s round my livingroom, orbits of my head and stuff I’d only tried with whoops. Dammit @silver13 this firmware is good.
I definitely support the addition of a Bluetooth chip to allow adjustment of some other parameters as well as pids, filter? setpoint weighting?
Congratulations on having your work on a production fc :smile:

I’m really happy to see this betafpv brushed board :slight_smile: I hope it is a reflection of a growing demand for silverware compatible boards, and that they do a brushless one soon.

Yes it does look like a straight B03 copy and with baro provision. I’m surprised they haven’t linked to the silver13/B03 github page, I am guessing they have flashed the stock B03 firmware for it to work out of the box, and with gestures to change flight mode.

I see there are wide copper traces for the motors (compared to stock silverware boards), and claimed 6.3A FET’s, so it might be a good one for performance, flight tests would be needed to confirm that though. I guess 8.5mm motors would be a good test.

A stock B03 board is 2.85gm with antenna, so about 2.7gm without, and this betafpv board is 2.5gm without antenna, not too bad at all.