Micro Motor Community

Sbus on fs a8s

For most of my micro builds I use a modded Flysky i6. They are cheap so I can throw them around, I have recently purchased the fs-a8s which claims to support sbus, from what I know my cheap little micro FC only supports sbus. I set it up in betaflight and tried a few uarts. This FC only has 1 place to solder RX so I soldered it there, I tried each uart and no luck, yes I has switched the a8s to sbus mode.

0 Likes

What FC is it that you have?

0 Likes

Spracing f3 brushed micro knockoff, it’s a really strange FC.

0 Likes

Here’s a pic

0 Likes

The way I got it is a ordered a naze32 but I got the little one instead so I decided to keep it. I’ve never seen one like this,

0 Likes

That’s a new one on me. I was hoping it’d be recognizable enough to make recommendations, but I’ve never seen it before.
It looks like an f3, if it runs betaflight it ought to be able to run iBus.

0 Likes

I flashed betaflight on to it, It came with cleanflight. I don’t see a uart on it which is really strange. It only has a ppm and u2 RX pad, whatever that means, I guessed it was a RX pad.

0 Likes

Pic of back

0 Likes

That thing seems to be a “HOBBYMATE F3 Mini Brushed Flight Controller”.
The wiring diagram isn’t exactly complicated. Pretty much the only thing you can solder to are the pads you are already using, which are (from left to right) GND / 3.3V / 5V / RX / PPM.
Depending on how SBUS is implemented on the receiver you want to use, you probably need to change “serial_inversion” or similar in betaflight.

What else does the picture show us? Horrible soldering. Those wires look like they will short out and/or break any second. IMHO not a good thing for anything that flies. Soldering isn’t hard at all if you use the right equipment. It takes some time and money (not too much), but you can do much better than that.

0 Likes

Thank you for the help, that soldering job is temporary I just wanted to get the FC working in like 4 minutes. I’m also waiting on some smaller tips, the ones I’m using are a tad to big.

0 Likes

U2 Rx is probably uart 2 RX. That’s where Sbus/ibus/etc would go.

0 Likes

Guys j got it figured out, turns out it came out of the box with the wrong firmware, it actually uses the same cp210 and stm as the SPracing f3s so I just flashed I with that and it worked. Thanks for all the help yall.

0 Likes

So the frame has crappy FC placement and it does this, from what I understand the yaw is confused, is there any offset for forward in betaflight? Or do I have to do a surgery.

0 Likes

You can change the gyro orientation in BF. In the configuration tab, should be named “board and sensor alignment” or similar. GYRO and ACCL alignment (usually both values should be set to the same thing). You can also check your gyro and accl outputs in the sensors tab, to check whether each axis behaves correctly. Additionally check the setup tab and see whether the virtual quad behaves like your real quad on yaw/pitch/roll.

0 Likes

If the fc still installed as in the 4th post it should work even without a gyro offset. The times I had the wrong motor positions or props it spun much faster. From the video I suspect the yaw input to the fc might not be centered correctly.

Did you check in betaflight if yaw input is centered at 1500 when not moving the stick? If it is not then the preview quad will also spin

0 Likes