Micro Motor Community

NotFastEnuf E011 / Bwhoop Silverware Fork

@NotFastEnuf Ok, you’re using Cygwin. Didn’t know that :sweat_smile: Glad you got it figured out :+1:

The latest Windows version has a native Bash implementation with all the basic Unix tools. They developed it in cooperation with Canonical (the people who make Ubuntu Linux). Maybe it is worth checking out: https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

Ok, back on topic :grin:

Figures, screwed by BG again. This was a replacement board for one they sent 2 months ago. I ordered 2 E011 and they sent 1 E010 and 1 E011. Grrrrr @Ian444

Neither do I… we are learning together! The commands I listed above do work though. I used them for the first time yesterday. :smile:

Yeah looks like bwhoop pro and beta fpv lite are the go to boards now depending on which mount style you want

Heh. Ok will try them in a bit, daddy duties first. I really want to get the Blheli stuff pushed through so it makes it less laborious when working with brushless

Ack, trying to compile the passthrough code but won’t download onto chip as there’s not enough space! I can’t disable Gestures2 because then you can make gestures to turn on autobind. Any code that can be disabled to free up some space?

edit: This is beyond me.

Good question. What is our space limit? How far over are we?

When compiling with the passthrough I think it reaches over 32kb which is the limit methinks. Compiling without passthrough, it’s actually fine, flashes ok…but autobind isn’t working! Comparing the changed files to your latest repo, there’s nothing there that should break the autobind! I may just give up and post up the blheli pass through so people can at least use that

EDIT: Autobind was working, LEDs don’t flash in LVC.

Is this a problem in your pass through test version or also in NFE? I usually set my voltage telemetry to 3.6v and land when my devo yells at me. I think that’s before lvc blinks so I’m not used to relying on the Leds and have not noticed.

Also I’ve not paid attention to flash size before but if you want to zip and post the files you need to add … I can try to find some code to disable or optimize so it fits.

It’s done buddy, @silver13 helped me with the flash save size problem. Just needs testing, I’ve tested it the only board capable board I have, worked a treat :slight_smile:

My repo has it https://github.com/vidzo/E011-BWHOOP-H8-Silverware/ Better we test it before adding pushing to your repo? Thankssilver for the great autobind work as per, also need to thank bikemike on rcgroups :slight_smile: I’ll pm him

I’m trying to calibrate the ADC because assigning ratios and offsets on my TX makes it so I can either have correct voltage with fresh battery or correct voltage on a spent battery, but not both.

I found

// default for 1/2 divider
// change this factor to get a correct battery voltage
#define ADC_SCALEFACTOR 0.001364

Is there a method for calculating this as opposed to going about it using the SWAG method???

guess you’ll have to tune the scalefactor to match your very board, E011 doesn’t have a real Vref (thanks to ian444 for the schematic) so the ADC seems to be referring to Vreg (guessing at this moment), so i think scalefactor should be tuned and even be retuned every now and then, if a precise reading is required…
Have my Taranis to show correct voltages at Scale: 10.4 and Offset: -2.62 but with the default scalefactor of 0.001364.

As mcRich implied the scalefactor needs to be adjusted slightly for each board if you want exact voltages. I usually tune the scalefactor using the voltage readout via telemetry on a Devo. I’m not sure if the Taranis displays the voltage, but if it can, here is how to do it.

Say voltage of batt is 4.03V and the tx displays 4.09V. Get the calculator out, 4.03/4.09 x 0.001364 = 0.001344, so set 0.001344 for scalefactor.

So to summarise:
(actual batt voltage/reported batt voltage) x current scalefactor = new scalefactor

Beauty!!! That’s what I was looking for THANK YOU @Ian444!

@mcRich - Yes - I tried to calibrate it using my Taranis but the scale wasn’t linear - so if I set it when the battery was full, it would be off at the low end, and vice versa.

Thanks to @Ian444 now at least I have a formula that will get me close.

Aloha!

Anybody could point me out how to set up the channels to get this flying in Level mode?
I have a diy NRF24L01 module and a Taranis Q X7.:roll_eyes:

Noob alert. :sweat_smile:

Thanks in Advance.

:wink: did my tuning with a DIY variable power supply. so from 2.8V thru 4.3V i made it so far that the difference between input voltage and reading on Taranis was less than 0.03V, using both scale and offset. But yes, first you’d have to tune the ADC, and then check the reading on Taranis (… so low voltage power reduction and LVC work correctly)

Can’t beat that! I haven’t had a chance to delve into it yet

Nice work!

Thanks, @chime13, but maybe the ‘m’ in mcRich just stands for like maniac :star_struck:
Hope to do the ADC tuning as told by ian444 soon and then dig into the Taranis scaling…
I like this power reduction feature very much - since i treat my 1S lipos like told by ‘las’ (never ever go below 3.2V) i hadn’t had one single battery starting to puff (plus always charge lower than 1C)… :thinking: So if the FC takes care of 3.2V by itself - might get longer battery life…

@Saccco … set up your channel 6 output to change on a switch. That will put it in level