I’ve run NFE’s fork on quite a few brushless quads without issues, they are all similar in construction and firmware setup though. I’m using dshot600 (select dshot600 in drv_dshot.c) and with #define USE_DSHOT_DRIVER_BETA set in hardware.h. Chaotix do you have the esc signal’s fed from the FET gates? That is the only way dshot will work, as opposed to signal taken from after the FET’s. Other than motor pin assignment, I can’t think of anything else. Even if the motor pin assignment was wrong, the motors should still behave properly, just the quad would flip on takeoff. Super important (IMO) - uncheck the “Programming by tx” box in BLHeli for your esc’s. If it was previously checked by default, make sure all the settings aren’t messed up.
There is a brushless guide in the wiki but really all you need to do to run brushless is this (in a nutshell):
- Untick the “programming by tx” box in your esc’s using BLHeliSuite.
- Take the signal for the esc’s from the gates of the FET’s.
- Set #define USE_DSHOT_DRIVER_BETA in hardware.h.
- Set #define DSHOT600 in drv_dshot.c.
- Configure the motor pin assignments.
- Set the gyro offset.
If I think of anything else I’ll update this post. The wiki articles mentioned are here: