NotFastEnuf E011 / Bwhoop Silverware Fork

Optionally you could have just performed the stick gesture to switch from props out to props in. Click on the releases tab, you will see many features explained with slightly different language than the comment documentation by each feature in config.h.

Would that be yhe issue of.my quad yaw spinnibg out of control

Yes, if you’re props in, but your FC is set to props out … Or vice versa - it spins

My motors are set for props out and matching props.

Hi @SinisterLefty, just like @NotFastEnuf said. I accidentally bumped into the same issue today.

In case you haven’t fixed your yaw issue yet, try uncommenting motor rotational inversion and moving your motors and props into a “props-in” arrangement. I’m not saying that props-out won’t work, but this is what I did to fix the same yaw issue when I was still new to silverware.

That was the very issue. I changed the motors around and it rips like a charm!

Let’s take a min to admire that boss too!!! How bout some details!!!

Bit of a throw together.

Frame from @Bobnova

Fc: BetaFPV Lite w/stock silverware

Motors: BetaFPV 720s @ 17500kv

Props: Afunta transparent clear (their description)

Camera: Unknown, was pulled from one of my first quad, so the lense is pretty beat up.

Camera Mount: From Hooptie J on Facebook.

Morning guys,

Just trying to get some clarification on race mode.

On my X-Lite I have the following switch assignments;

SC - Arm (2 pos)
SA - Flight Mode (3 pos) acro/angle/none
SB - Stick Mode (2 pos) juicy/bronx
SD - Race Mode (3 pos) acro/level/none

As Acro is default, would RMacro also be on by default or would I need to flip SD into pos2 and for RMangle flip SA to angle and RMangle on pos3?

Well I don’t speak taranis… But I can try to help you wrap your mind around what the quad is expecting from your radio.

All of the following info assumes your aux channel assignments are still on NFE defaults.

Ch 5 is arm/disarm. Simple enough. If the signal on aux 5 goes high… Props spin and respond to throttle.

Ch 6 is like a switch that turns the accelerometer on and off. 6 will have to be on for any/all leveled type modes to work which includes angle, horizon, and racemode

Now let’s say you want to try out all 3 leveled modes which is data from the accelerometer … Start with sending ch 6 signal high so that the accelerometer is on. Then the quad is going to listen to what you do with channels 7 and 8

Ch 7 is the racemode switch. If 7 is high and 6 is high … The accelerometer is only going to participate (level) on the roll axis … Leaving the pitch axis behaving purely acro. This essentially disconnects the accelerometer from pitch.

Ch 8 is the horizon switch. If channel 8 is high …and of course 6 is on… Then any leveled axis is going to have horizon type behavior. Meaning it will level near level … But of you push it away from level it will transition to acro and let you roll or flip.

So imagine you have 6 on, 7 on and 8 on… then the accelerometer is active, it is disconnected from pitch and only active on roll, and it is going to do horizon type behavior on roll. This is racemode horizon.

Imagine you have 6 on, 7 off , and 8 on… Then the accelerometer is active, it is connected to both roll and pitch, and it has horizon behavior. This is horizon.

Imagine 6 on, 7 on, 8 off … Then the accelerometer is on, it is connected only to roll and disconnected from pitch. This is racemode

Imagine you have 6 on, and both 7 and 8 off. Accelerometer is on. No other special modes are active to modify it. This is level

Any time 6 is off … Regardless of what 7 and 8 are doing … The accelerometer is off and you are in acro.

Now how do you translate this to taranis… I suggest finding a channel output monitor screen that shows you what values you are sending to the quad on your aux channels when you flip switches around. Hope that helps

You can also assign any aux channel number to any aux feature in config.h. or the same aux channel number to more than one feature, or even set them to CHAN_ON or CHAN_OFF which makes a feature on or off all the time.

2 Likes

Given me something else to do on another rainy day here in Ohio while I wait on a rx for the whoop. Thank you!

1 Like

Yesterday I tried out the curve @tarkux posted on a FB page for both my AlienBoss and TW Nano. Starting out I noticed the obvious boost is initial thrust at lift off and the need to retrain muscle memory to keep my altitude back at the level I normally fly.

66712640_10157222736064590_3141932180918239232_n

The issue I found is that there is next to no power left for sudden thrust deflections when flying the Boss (for trying to pop over an obstacle), like there is a cap on the thrust.

Thoughts?

1 Like

This Throttle curve was mean for 1s brushless either whoop 65mm or Boss Frame Brushless 0802 1s ! Not for Brushed or 2s rig . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well hell, ya got ma hopes up!

I’ll give it a try on my Beta65 on 1S and see how it does.

Do you use any curves with your brushed builds?

1 Like

No ! Nada ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got the answer to the question I posted here

1 Like

Any update on sbus telemetry? And will it be possible to get telemetry working with a alienwoop zer0 and a frsky xm?

Thank to the efforts of @Bobnova we have fport with telemetry working on f4. Hopefully we can take what we have learned there and get sbus telemetry working too on both f4 and f0. Right now my budding dev team is knee deep in Quicksilver and working towards a release. But the plan/hope is that once we get to that milestone we will support features like this for the zero in Quicksilver.

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve been playing around with the default silverware… my mods to the code most of it only at changing rates and assigning channels…

Now I want setup a 65mm brushed “HD” whoop, the weight is about 36-38 grams (without the battery)…with standart motors… any suggestions what I should tune/mod within the code to make the whoop compensate the weight (aka. fly-able)? TIA :slight_smile: