Ok guys… after some extensive testing of the brushed series … I have decided that it’s time to start a brushless series of the design.
- Abs should still be the principle target design material since it’s an affordable material within reach of most printers.
- The series should include a whoop, 0703/0705 unducted, and 11xx motor 2" based on the 90mm frame
- The whoop sized mounting points should still be maintained for easy camera mounting with either my existing canopies or any 3d printed whoop mount. Plus it’s an easy spot from which to sling a rubber band under the frame for battery mounting.
- I want to design a canopy mold to go with the series so all you “makers” can vacuum form your own if you want to.
- No frame in the series will weigh more than 5 grams! (Yeah I’m calling my shot there - but we gotta have standards right!)
I believe the base design of the existing boss frames will lend itself well to the above 3 sizes with some modifications for electronics and motors.
Now, as opposed to making all the decisions about what you guys want for that stuff - I figured I would start this deviation with some discussion for your input. Multiple variations can be designed - but what all do we need?