NotFastEnuf "Boss Series" Brushed Frames - 3D Printable (v2 stl files post #368)

Happy cake day @chrisdo… and you sir would be good at it. It takes a ton of patience and a willingness to fail and try again… and again. Lol

I might not be a Jedi, but I still want a lightsaber!!!

I also might not be getting my deposit back😝

Dude that looks so good! OK sure I’m a bit biased for obvious reasons… but still!!! What an amazing time in our hobby when this is an example of a totally home made rig!! I can’t wait to see who takes this initiative one step further with a hand assembled alien board. Lol
Thank you everyone for your participation in this project and the beautiful builds that you are making out of this idea!

I have an Alien F4 here, And had no luck getting my SPR going, So, when I get the printer working again (replaced fuse and it blew again…) I’ll have to stick my Alien board in the Whoop for a run.

A 44qt ziploc weathershield tote was purchased today to make a dry box for filament storage. I don’t feel like nylon is necessary for the rest of the boss series … but we’re going there for the whoop! The future of the boss whoop will be nylon - and it will get a complete redesign to take advantage of nylon’s properties. We are going to hit 2.5 grams in a comparably indestructible frame to commercially manufactured options!

SPR Boss7 is functioning once again, not sure what it’s problem was, but I fixed it, lol. BetaFPV board and 6mm motors are on order for your Whoop. No luck with the printer power supply however, I’ll try and find an old computer PS tomorrow for it. Just wondering what props are available to suit a 0.8mm shaft? as I only have a couple of spares for the 55mm set I’m running.

If you’re somewhere Amazon delivers to, they have 30a 12v units for 20 bucks or so, that’s way I’m using.
It probably actually explodes at 25 amps, but so it goes.

Cheers Bobnova, delivery from Amazon is very limited being in OZ, Last one I ordered localy on Ebay for my desktop arrived swiftly, was reasonably priced and has been trouble free, so may just order another from there if I can’t find a 2nd hand one.

Ahh well.
eBay and Banggood have them for less of course, but that takes forever. Was going to offer to send you one, but Cali to oz shipping wouldn’t be any better than China!

Prop wise myrcmart has some 46mm ones that are interesting.

GW008 props and HM830 props are the two most consistent options. The x9 props seem to be the fastest if you can get a balanced set or balance them yourself. I’d say stick to the first 2

Cheers NFE. Will have a look for some now,

The first set I opened had 3 CW and 1 CCW, luckily I ordered 4 whole sets… First set I installed is still in flying order after probably 20 something crashes, couple on concrete. This is with a totally un-tuned Beecore in angle mode, low. Kv. 6mm motors. They still get pretty warm though.

Gonna put the Boss 8.5 lite through its paces for a while. I haven’t got to fly 8.5mm yet since the new silverware release so I’m curious how the tuning envelope has changed on the dual mode code. I’m still not totally happy with the tune on the boss 6, maybe I can learn something with a tuning attempt on the 8.5

I think the other canopy style looks a little better on the big frame… I’ll end up moving this canopy/q25 vtx to a boss 6 I’m giving to my neighbor as a trainer. I think it will look better there.

Finally broke an arm on the boss 6 after almost 300 flights close to 100 crashes and two sets of motors. Decided to rebuild as a boss 7 with the boldclash bwhoop motors. OMG!!! I AM IN LOVE!!! Came in at 22g and the step up in power is just sick! Only one pack on the sticks so far but I think this is my favorite micro ever. Time will tell if something else in the boss series wins me over. The difference is all throttle response … these 7’s spool up FAST on the hm830’s for a gain of only 4 grams! Motor Temps are reasonable too.

What size battery are you gonna use with the BOSS 7?

The e011 260. Did I make anything 7mm for you @chime13? I’m glad I’m starting at the bottom of the series and working my way up. 7mm felt like such an improvement over 6mm. I’m pretty sure 720 and 816 will be another bump up. I really wonder who the top dog will be in the largest 3 motor sizes.

Oh yes, sir! ATM I only have a cheap set of 7mm motors and no battery big enough to power it. I’m afraid I’ll puff up my 220s…
I did order 3 more of them dmxi pro rx’s to continue the TinyF3 6mm pursuit, but that will have to wait until February when I can get the parts muled to me. ITMT, I’m gonna use a nQx FC and see what happens from there.
I have more hope for an 816 build using a turnigy 600mah lipo and 65mm props…That should cook!

I flew my boss 7 tonight on eachine 150 packs. Maybe only 2 min… but geez it is seriously fast. Your 220’s will be just fine. I’d say this one is about as fast if not faster than my 2s babyhawk which according to youtube videos clocks in around 40 mph. That’s just insane speed for a 22 gram micro. The power band doesn’t quite have the torque of 2s brushless yet… but I am still early in the series with stick time on the boss 6 and boss 7. Maybe the 7xl, 8, or 8.5 will surprise me. I’ve also got some insane motors ordered for the boss 7… these are just the stock bwhoop. I’ll get a video together for you guys soon.

I got the frames today!! I built out the 8mm frame today. I’m loving it. It’s weird flying the e011 It’s been a while.