NotFastEnuf "Boss Series" Brushed Frames - 3D Printable (v2 stl files post #368)

Got some fresh nylonX boys … the Boss is back!

I’ve been thinking about CF/Nylon for ages, and have a sheet of Bakalite, which standard Nylon seems to stick OK to. Has anyone tried this stuff? https://www.cubictech.com.au/products/esun-carbon-fiber-filled-nylon-filament-1kg

And, What size nozzle you using with the NylonX NFE?
(Looks good!)

One does not print with a certain nozzle size using nylonX…
It continues to grow as you print… about .1mm per 100g.

So I start a fresh roll with a 0.4, and it will be close to a 1.0 by the end of the roll. That’s with hardened nozzles too.

God damn that looks good.

Hell yeah man. Look-in good :ok_hand:

I had my boss printing locked in earlier this summer, printed quite a few. Hadnt printed in a while and cleared my sd card… now when I re-sliced it, im getting some stringing and zits… not a big deal normally but when its inside the motor mounts… that makes it rough. No one likes to have to spend time scraping out mounts…
I have your general settings going… and in the QIDI slicer have retraction at 5mm (i consider that super high, nothing lower works) printing makergeeks raptor PLA at 225-235.
I think its time for a legit slicer… but I dont know which to use or if I need to save up to buy simplify3D

It’s probably moisture in your filament. Build a dehydrator out of a bucket and a light bulb.

I’ve a meat thermometer - checked my oven keeps constant 80C which it does so that works well for me.

I’ve since moved to printing in PC-MAX. It seems far less prone to moisture than nylon. Would love someone else to give it a go who has better design skilz than me… Bloody brilliant material that makes new things possible…

Bugger! she got a bit warm. 46mm props on E011 motors.