NotFastEnuf "Boss Series" Brushed Frames - 3D Printable (v2 stl files post #368)

Try:
float pidkp[PIDNUMBER] = { 20.5e-2 , 20.5e-2 , 7.5e-1 };
float pidki[PIDNUMBER] = { 12e-1 , 12e-1 , 12.0e-1 };
float pidkd[PIDNUMBER] = {8.5e-1 , 8.5e-1 , 7e-1 };

If that doesn’t fly smoothly, we can adjust filtering to try to compensate but that starts pointing back to some mechanical issue I think.

Thanks, that has made a big improvement. Still some small oscillations and I’m realizing how fast it’s going to be when its flying well.

I’ve just dropped my transmitter rate down to 40% to try and help me control it. As I said I’m a total novice pilot. Just crashed and snapped the front props but the frame in PETG seems to be holding up well.

Might take it outside over the weekend to get a real feel for what its doing.

Are there any other tweaks I can try if a new set of props don’t totally sort it out?

Really appreciate your time on this.

Maybe this would be a good time to do that diy tuning video. Lol

You have 3 difficult things to balance that are all interdependent.

Noice, latency, and pid gains. I will try to explain how to tune these tonight after the kids go to sleep. :slight_smile:

Just got back from the park. It fly’s great. I’m sure it could be tweaked but I’m happy with it at the moment. Just waiting on some fpv goggles so that might tell a different story.

Thanks for your help.

That’s great news!!!

I don’t have a 3D printer, but just found out I can get things printed at my local library for free (in PLA). With that knowledge and the freebie Beecore Lite board I got in the mail recently, I built my first Boss - a 7x16 frame with the 46mm Nano QX props.

I quickly learned that it was a bit too much for my yard and took it out to a local school field today. Wow!!! That thing rips compared to my ducted Silverwhoops! It can pull a power loop without even cutting the throttle up top!

My BetaFPV motors are coming down super hot, though! Uncormfortable to touch to my lips (but not burn them) - significantly hotter that my ducted quads (which just feel hot to my lips). I read earlier in the thread both that the 46mm props are too much for 6mm but don’t make 7mm too hot, but also comments like “all my brushes motors come down way hot.” How hot is too hot? Is there anything I can do to keep the heat down (and make the motors last longer, I presume)?

Now, if only I can find the time to put together a vacuum forming box and make some canopies…

@IKKI once said something years ago that has stuck in my head. Ironically it was directly related to getting into silverware for using the dm007 board with 2s on 1s brushed motors…
“Yes they get hot, but better one day like a lion than one thousand like sheep”
So yes, the motors get hot because they are high kv and big props. Back when the nano qx was a thing, 14000kv was an upgrade. Just cook and have fun!

Thanks. I found them on aliexpress cheaper and they finally arrived.

Not had a chance to fully test them out yet but they seem fine. I just need find a good way of mounting my 716 motors in the QX90c frame

These 716 motors came as a set of 4 CCW (not 2+2 as listed)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-Coreless-Motor-DC-3-7V-50000RPM-7-x-16mm-Micro-Brush-Motor-with-4-Helicopter/32823645059.html

props only:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-lot-K539-Mini-45mm-CW-CCW-Red-Black-Helicopter-Propellers-DIY-Plastic-Model-RC-Airplane/32642762298.html