NotFastEnuf "Boss Series" Brushed Frames - 3D Printable (v2 stl files post #368)

My motors 816 motors came in yesteday so I finally built a Bwhoop Boss. @NotFastEnuf thanks for the frame. I put on your firmware obviously and all I can say is wow. You are a tuning god. That is all.

5 Likes

She flies!

4 Likes

Quite a few crashes and no damage so far…
May need to tighten up the motor holes a little as they have been popping out though… Otherwise so good so far…

1 Like

Here is my latest offering:

NFE/Boss V1 Frame
NFE/Canopy
Crazepony 19k 0615
Eachine H8 Props
Boldclash F-02
AUW 23.6g
180mah NanoForce and Venom Lipo
NFE_c130615.hex.zip (16.3 KB)

Flies amazing! Had some frame-related resonance at 3/4 throttle - was able to fix it by sliding the motors up on the mounts. My tune is based off @NotFastEnuf’s fork. I updated the files to include Autobind and Telemetry, which work perfectly. I also took out all the auto-leveling. I adjusted the rates to my feel but I left NFE’s pids alone. Couldn’t be happier except that I’m running out of frames…this one is UV glued already - hahaha

8 Likes

Nice! Which canopy is that?

1 Like

It’s one of 2 known designs by @NotFastEnuf. They’re available on eBay - They’re unbreakable! There’s a whole thread on this site dedicated to NFE’s Tiny Whoop Canopies.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Are 260mah batts the way to go with Boss 816?

1 Like

I use Tattu 380mah with my 720 boss. They are great batteries.

1 Like

Yeah 260 to 380. I use 260. Keep it light!

2 Likes

Well I better try my 260s tomorrow then :grin:

I’ve got 300mah 35-70 nano techs and they seem to be ok, they come down warm so thinking of switching over to the 260mah.

Had a back to back flight with the 0705 Boss and the 816 is great. Same weight but the 816 feels more rapid. I can’t get over how locked in the tune is!

3 Likes

Getting a Boss 8.5 Printed on a industrial 3d printer this weekend. It is supposedly a semi flexible material and degrades with continual UV exposure, which is good right? >.< It’s free, they have to purge filament from the system. Pretty sure it is a J750:

http://www.stratasys.com/3d-printers/j750

In the end, just a fun experiment with the sister company. If it is epic(only doubting durability really), a perfect night flying frame?

bonus edit They are purging black filament, should be sexy at least.

1 Like

@yets … and you wanted to focus on brushless. Lol. I told you the 816 was the BIG boss. Hehe.

I still fly my boss 8 (816) everyday. A boss 7 is pretty close too but the 8 flies cleaner.

2 Likes

My 8.5 boss was borked for a few days due to corruption? Not sure but things were pretty wonky in betaflight when I got it back to the desktop, flashing to BF3.3 seems to have restored it. Hoping to be back in the air with it tomorrow. I am amazed at how great it performs. Especially since in my case it is the stock power train from the QX70. I love the boss!

2 Likes

Just finished reading through the majority of the posts! Wish I had myself a 3D printer to try one of these frames.
Is there anyway if getting hold of a few in the UK?

1 Like

Printers are so cheap now you may want to consider jumping in. Lol. But I’m sure there are local print shops or hobbiests around. You just gotta dig!

I just put together my first betaflight boss for a friend on some Kados 716’s on tge 7xl frame. I should be tuning this week and I’ll keep you guys posted on the pids I come up with!

4 Likes

I’ll happily send you one or two - no promises on timing though. Drop my a PM with your address and what you are after and I may get round to sending something at some point :grin:

2 Likes

Just thought to share my PSA abt printing mylon. Always use a steel shaft/throat (or all metal extruder) when printing!

Sigh… that’s the ptfe liner that literally burned up. sigh again…And it’s happened three times. I thought I was safe, but I guess not! :sweat:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s quite a danger. Very poisonous gas released to melt ptfe. I am actually intentionally running ptfe liners because nylonX is so abrasive and has quite alot of friction. I do inspect and replace my ptfe tube quite often and have dialed in temp to be just in the safe zone but still able to print. So far I have not melted one yet.

1 Like

I can’t install the motors.

I’ve got my first 3d printed frame, which is the boss 6 from a local 3d printing shop. My e011 and bwhoop b03 fc fits perfectly, but my 6mm motor is impossible to install through the motor holders. The printing shop advised me to use a sand paper until the motors fit. I sandpapered one of the motor holders and it seemed to work but it costs me alot of time. Is this normal in 3d printed frames?