Inspired by Benedikt’s videos, I picked up a Traxxas Alias and am learning to fly line-of-sight. Super fun drone!
I would like to swap out the flight controller so I can use it as an excuse to buy a “real” transmitter: to that end:
- Any reason not to use the same fc as in Benedikt’s videos? I presume this is the same $20 fc available on the website?
- What tools might I need to mount the fc to the Alias? I have a dremel, I presume I may need to drill / shave some of the alias frame.
- Any DSMX receiver will do? The “Orange” one from rcplanet?
- I am looking at the FrSky X9D: any reason not to go with this transmitter for now?
- Other “gotchas” to look out for? I understand I may lose telemetry and have to start watching my flight times more closely - but other common beginner mistakes?
Thanks in advance for any advice,