Micro Motor Community

My 'Urchin' goes up on the hoist for repairs, again

As a stock frame Inductrix, it’s skittish in even the lightest of breezes, making this learning process even more ‘enjoyable’.

The crash landings have taken a toll on the flimsy frame, and now it becomes a weekly occurrence to glue one of the motor braces in position to get airborne again. (I make preparations to transplant the wee brain into a new suitable host in the near future once all decisions are finalized.)

The process involves sanding off the old dried CA smooth and reattaching it once again with glue. A temporarymeasure, yet keeps the Urchin flying another few days!

One day soon I hope to have a shiny new body and fresh motors, but as for now we await the glue to dry and the lipos to charge! :grin:

A good day to you all here on my first official post of what I hope will be many, hope it is in proper format and place!

3 Likes

Welcome! Constant repairs is the bane of the game. Well done. Also dig the picture of the beard crash hahaha

EDIT: I meant to type “name” of the game and autocorrect changed it. Coincidence? Maybe :smile:

1 Like

I went through 2 Inductrix frames and countless repairs to each before giving up on it. The Inductrix is a fun little machine, but not very durable. I liked it outside at night and was fun indoors, but needs to be stronger. One way I started repairing that worked well. I took a dental pick and heated the tip with my butane torch and used the hot tip to plastic weld (melt the plastic) it back together.

1 Like