Micro Motor Maniacs - Team Pilot Invite (Post #284 - Logo Poll Open)

Yeeeeeesssss! OK 3" max it is … let’s keep it under 250 grams on principle just to give a figurative single finger salute to certain regulatory bodies. You in @quadlifepro?

I created a brand channel for MMM yesterday but deleted it to hold off on voting. I do like it too. We’ll leave the voting stage of this open till suggestions lose momentum then we’ll lock something in and move on.

3 Likes

@JBFPV… awesome to have you man! The intention is not to pull you away from your own channel but to showcase you on 2. Hopefully with a bunch of us working to drive attention to the team channel - it will also drive more subscribers to your personal channel too. Feel free to link your channel videos in your uploads!!

I’m just thinking if we have a few big names in the hobby that at least let us fly their banners in the intro, and you get to say you fly for team “whatever we name it” - we look just as legit as the other guys!

Great name suggestions - adding to the list in the first post!

1 Like

Ooooo I like Micropilots United, that appeals to me.

As do the pirate themes.

Here in the us fpv regulations are such that flying FPV is essentially, technically, illegal. Even in your living room. So the whole pirate thing fits pretty well!

I, of course, always have a spotter with los and a trainer box they can use to take control away from me.
In my living room.
Because that’s logical.

3 Likes

What about 3" max and frame size max of 135mm or maybe 140 (is this still micro?)
Definitely under 250g with battery or even lower. A 250g is way too heavy in my eyes. Ok I don’t fly 4s.

1 Like

Depends on how you look at it. When I left 5&6" to build a 250gram 4s 3" - it really felt like a micro. Now with more experience at the 1s level - it seems much closer to a full sized beast. But there are plenty of builds that are true micros spinning 3" so I say that’s fine. And if you want to bring a 4s monstor to the party - why not.

What were your thoughts for web design/maintenance @NotFastEnuf ? Did you have a dedicated team website in the pipeline?
I do web development so that may be an area where I could contribute.

3 Likes

My 3 inch with 4s lipo and HD cam comes in at 264 grams. It is a 110 size though. True, it is questionable whether this is considered a micro. It sure flies like a big one. With the 250 gram weight limit coming to Europe too (sooner or later) I can probably get it below 250 if I have to. I’ll just get lighter batteries when the time comes. I do think there is a market below the 250 gram mark, as more and more countries are using that rule.

2 Likes

Love it! I’ll hand that off :wink: - I have no skills there! Hopefully there will be others to help you! I would like to learn though so I will be attentively watching your accomplisments! Fantastic!

This is exactly what I had hoped for! We all have a skill set to contribute and I know I personally don’t have the time to master everything it takes for a complete presentation. Heck I’ll be lucky if I can kick out 1 or 2 quality videos a month. But if 15 of us do that - we have a channel with new content almost every day!!!

EXACTLY! The regs are coming (or already in place depending on where you are) and we could be the first micro team on the big air scene that “fly under the radar” so to speak.

30 post in a day!
Congratulations @NotFastEnuf this is a good initatiative :wink:
I will be glad to give my participation (even small) but definitely I will follow you guys!
:heart_eyes: A micro riot motor team ! Wow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I host sites for a couple dozen clients, and have built a few in my day. I’m not a designer, but could take on that part of web services.

2 Likes

@Benedikt, though this team wouldn’t necessarily be an official MMW brand agent, would you be cool with us having a similar motif to this forum if that’s what we decided?

That is sort of his call I think. I am composing a note to him now to invite him to join in / feel out his desire to be involved or associated with us.

1 Like

Otherwise, if y’all see site designs that inspire you, share them here so we can vote on them. Layouts, colors, etc…

Cool idea @NotFastEnuf!

1 Like

I’am of course in as I said in the other thread!
What I can contribute is intro/logo/editing/graphics :smiley: Apart from flight footage of course.
Awesome idea @NotFastEnuf whether we have 1million views or 100 it is still the same fun for us :smiley: Can’t wait to get the thing going :smiley:
I think we should choose 5 names to vote from for starters

1 Like

Two thumbs up :+1::+1: for the 250g “single finger salute.” :middle_finger: (Metaphorically, not literally.)

While I’m not able to contribute substantively, I will gladly be the Micro Midgets’ #1 fan. :smiley:

1 Like

Actually, the legal perspective you could provide us on matters of sponsorship, monetization, and probably a number of other things as we grow may prove invaluable! Say the word and you’re in.

LOL. Happy to help as needed. However, I don’t currently practice, so my advice may not be any better than a Google search. In any case, I’m happy to help with Google, and being a fan. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes! I like the 250g rule 3" prop max rule. And yes I’d like to participate in this… I think a micro YouTube channel would be without a doubt a great way to allow fans to experience the hobby in a much safer, less costly way and have just as much if not more fun… sounds like a great time! :slight_smile:

1 Like