Micro Motor Maniacs - Team Pilot Invite (Post #284 - Logo Poll Open)

A triangle, like a pyramid, is a perfect design - We (MicroMotorManiacs) turn all that upside-down - hahaha

Those round ones would 3d print on coins quite well too.
So far befreestudios’s entry is my favorite, but they’re all good!

Hi all !

I am not a designer at all :confused:
but I imagined this logo idea of a big M and the icro / otor / aniac just on its right:

After you can imagine some props vortex around (sorry I am not enought designer… so i just imagine this with my photoshop)

Hey all… I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was swamped so I didn’t get much done. I’m glad to see all the excitement and logo submissions. I’ll put together a webpage where we can view all the current submissions together.

Also, reminder for the tech and graphic teams, PM me your email and I’ll add you to the team slack channel.

Cheers… Talk soon.

I’m currently playing around with some fancy new stuff for my soldering equipment. Might be an interesting M³ contribution.
So maybe we could also just tag M³ stuff on the forums with a prefix on the threads maybe [M³] or something like that? :slight_smile:

Yep, that sounds awesome. Also, this type of thing would be perfect for a tips/tricks section on the website. But yea, I like the M3 hashtag idea…

As long there is no website, I see no reason why to not have the content also here on the forum. What do you guys think?

I guess, but I do think a website will eventually become necessary.

This is home base for sure, but a website could be a nice bulletin board type place to post cool stuff for display. Plus it’s another aspect of hobby in general that some of our teammates enjoy. It’s all just for fun. We each enjoy different aspects of the hobby and the hope is (or at least my hope is) that this is sort of an opportunity for us each to shine in our own way and that we all benefit by being part of something bigger than what we would do on our own. I’m very inspired by you guys!

@Banana_Science @NotFastEnuf

Agreed. The website would be a compliment to whatever we are normally doing here, it’s not an attempt to replace MMW community in any way. It should be a nice place to cross-promote. For example, we can reference stuff on the site here to drive visitors, and for people that are not members here, it would be a good way to consume our content and learn about this community.

I envision the website as just a home for the MMM team and not really a forum like this. More of a hub for information about the team, pilots, videos from our You-Tube channel, links to our favorite vendors, latest tips-n-tricks, etc.

Okay, website is UP! It’s got our very own, very official, “Coming Soon” page.

It will be served here: http://micromotormaniacs.com/

In the meantime, you can get there from here: http://mmm.burtlo.info/

Hey, Logo Team, get crackin’!

I think that we should also decide on a color scheme which would help define us. As seen above, I love the red and black combo.

I’m confused. Why build another website, with a forum to discuss micro motor stuff? We all met here to do exactly that…

@pilsnerpopper

The idea was for it to be an information site. Pilot bios, info about the teams, links to vendors we like (MMW), etc. Definitely not a forum.

The website would be a compliment to whatever we are normally doing here, it’s not an attempt to replace MMW community in any way. It should be a nice place to cross-promote. For example, we can reference stuff on the site here to drive visitors, and for people that are not members here, it would be a good way to consume our content and learn about this community.

I envision the website as just a home for the MMM team and not really a forum like this. More of a hub for information about the team, pilots, videos from our You-Tube channel, links to our favorite vendors, latest tips-n-tricks, etc.

Hey @nico2nice, what font are you using there? :thumbsup:

Okay folks… here’s another one I’ve been working on. I really liked @chime13 ‘s idea of the three WWWs in a circle and embellished a little (thanks for the inspiration!!). I have another I’m working on, but I’m really diggin’ this one…

Am I too late for this invite thingy?

Same. I like how the Ms kind of form a tri blade prop shape.

[UPDATE] Added some detail to the embossing so it looks more like a ‘badge’