Is there a way to access config without compiling from scratch

I have multiple boards/quads that already have silverware in a few different forms on them…is there any way to see what the current config h looks like on them? all the tutorials start with erasing the chip… but then I cant ever seem to compile a config that is flashable or find a firmware that is able to function and ready to be flashed

Welcome nylusFPV!

It is impossible to see config.h from flashed firmware because it is a file that actually causes different parts of code to be compiled and set some values etc. It is only possible to assume its values based on flight behavior and values that are readable from flash memory (and that also applies only to few values that are saved on board and not to all of them that are actually in config.h).

But, what problems you have with compiling and flashing? Maybe we can solve that…

At this point I’m assuming I’ve run into every problem possible trying to flash… with arm keil… lol… now I’m trying with st cube programer, and jumper047’s easier installation instructions and it seems to be a little more user friendly, and straight forward… I can connect and read target, but when I browse for firmware locally no firmware files show up in release mentioned in the instructions…