Last week, I set my TX down to answer the door and the radio fell off my dresser, breaking the left stick.
I had my Bazar 2018 box on the way and couldn’t find a replacement gimbal that wasn’t two weeks away.
I as fiddling with some other projects and found my box of brass standoffs and they are 2.5mm threads - exactly the size of the x-lite stick ends.
So, I chucked a standoff stack in to the drill and got out my files.
After getting the shape what I wanted I drilled out the female threads until I got a tight fit that went full depth.
It worked great. The left stick is now about 2mm higher than the right stick.