How to soilder bayang rx to alienwhoop zero fc

I just pre-order the alienwhoop zero fc an I was, wondering if I removed the bayang module out of an E11 remote how would I soilder it up what’s the correct wiring.

We are working on quick start guides, a full pilot’s manual, and build videos. Hang in there man, we’re gonna make it as straightforward as possible. I’ll be reaching out to all the preorders to find out if there are any custom flashes which need to be preloaded in place of sbus such as spi rx before product ships also.

But to also directly answer your question - there are 5 pads labeled on the xn297L rx/tx module and they attach to the following pads on the zer0.

VDD - to 3.3v
GND - to Ground
DATA - to RX
SLK - to TX
CSN - to SPI

Piece of cake! :smile:

I have this rx on a remote I plan to to use with it I was told it’s doable.

Read what NFE said its pretty straight forward , he gave you the pin out too ^^ You should be able to do the rest :slight_smile: ! Hope you got a tx with multiprotole ^^

That’s exactly the chip I’m using. Works great. It just needs the flash to be updated for that receiver option. In stock form, the zer0 is flashed for inverted sbus.

@NotFastEnuf What RX will the AlienWhoop team recommend for FrSky and/or DSMX protocol?

The zer0 will come preloaded to accept any inverted sbus receiver. I think we are going to stock the xm in the alienwhoop store. I personally use an r-sxr on mine. I don’t think it’s a big deal which one you use.
For dsmx it will have to be reflashed, but we still have not got the code finished yet (sigh). Hopefully soon. Unfortunately we all still have day jobs too. Lol. We are going to do that initial flash to change over the receiver type for anyone who needs it though. Same with the bayang spi rx. I also have been using that on a zer0 with great results.

yeah I have the jumper t8sg

You’ll be in great shape then. I love using that little module with the Zer0. It works like a charm and has great range. Total weight of the zer0 fc, a power whoop pigtail, and that receiver module all together is still sub 3 grams with proper management of wire lengths.

Watch how Charlie is doing it.

Would it be somehow possible to use this module on a TX like Taranis to make it compatible with Bayang?

edit: As I’m searching for info I think it would only be possible with an arduino, but than it has no advantage over an nrf24 module.:roll_eyes: