Micro Motor Community

How to fly on "rails"?

so i wish it was something other than pilot error… but went searching around for some technique videos and seems i am falling into some bad habits, specifically turns. now that i have seen it explained with examples, much better idea of what i need to do to improve.

basically, i have been not syncing up my roll and yaw proportionally and properly.

wish it was the PIDs :angry:

1 Like

So, made HUGE improvement by switching to 2.1mm lens. Like a horse who had its blinders taken off! Now need to find micro camera with super wide FOV, I think the one I have is widest available… Sure hope so.

Also have started to use roll more than yaw…

0 Likes

Nice. Noticing a difference? Feel a little more locked in?

0 Likes

yeah, the FOV increase helped tremendously. it creates a much better defined center visual than narrower FOV for me as well as much greater environmental awareness and increased stick adjustment resolution.

as for the use of roll, now i need to work on coming out of turn acceleration, was hauling out of it yesterday. amazing when you dont drift how much speed you maintain+gain.

to think 2 days ago i was in a complete funk about my lack of progress and then BOOM! next level acheived.

1 Like

That’s a great feeling and one of the reasons this hobby is so great. Always room for improvement and new goals to set.

Well done, man!

0 Likes

that and the constant tinkering… at some point i might be good enough to realize my PIDs arent as tweaked as they could be but noticing stuff while flying and then going to find a solution to the weakness, whether its skill/technique related such as i was having or equipment as i also found with the lens, or rates. PIDs… whatever.

0 Likes