I had my first ever outdoor FPV session.
It was an exhilarating blast! I was flying near an empty soccer field and wanted to go through the goal (no net). I was piloting from about 40 meters away.
I came in pretty fast lined up to the top post. I dropped the throttle slightly as I watched the post come closer and closer, only the quad didn’t drop with me. Lost binding, shit, TING!
The sound of metal against metal.
Barely any damage:
- Clean split on the motor mount: should I even try glueing it?
- Bent prop
- Cam detached (struck the top of the focus ring, lens saved)
General FPV lessons learned:
- Do not fly anywhere near grass without a buzzer on the micro.
- Don’t rely on your impeccable orientation, you’ve never been a bird.
- Test your failsafe, before you fly (derp).
- Unmodded Devo 7E range is shit.