Furious FPV “Nuke” Brushed Flight Controller Set-up Guide
Furious FPV Nuke Brushed F3 Flight Controller Set Up
This Flight Controller does not take power through the USB port. You will need to have a 1s lipo plugged in while connected to a computer.
If using a DSM2/X satellite receiver, binding will have to be done manually with a full size receiver.
Download & Install Betaflight: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/betaflight-configurator/kdaghagfopacdngbohiknlhcocjccjao?hl=en
- Open Betaflight and click on “Firmware Flasher”
- Choose a board -> “Piko BLX”,
- Choose a Firmware Version -> Most Recent
- Enable Full Chip Erase
- Select “Load Firmware [Online]” on the bottom,
- Click “Flash Firmware”.
- If successful, skip to step 4.
- “No Response From Bootloader” situation:
In the event of a flashing failure or flashing the wrong firmware, the board may become unresponsive to new attempts to flash. You will need to short the boot pads (found right below the micro usb port), and enable “No reboot mode” when re-flashing with the proper firmware.
Flight Controller Set-up:
“Set-up” tab -> calibrate accelerometer
- UART3 row -> engage the “Serial Rx”.
- “Configurations” tab.
- Mixer -> Quad X
- Receiver Mode -> “Rx_Serial”.
- Serial Receiver Provider ->
- “Spektrum 1024” for DSM2
- “Spektrum 2048” for DSMX
- “SBUS” for Frsky sbus receivers
- Set Motor Stop
- Min Throttle = 1070, Mid Throttle = 1500, Max Throttle = 2000, Min Command = 1000
- “Receiver” Tab
- Set TAER1234
- “Modes” Tab
- Set “ARM” to AUX1 if you wish to arm via switch.
- Set Flights Modes (Optional). Acro/Rate mode is the default, so if you wish to use Angle and Horizon, you will need to set it now. I usually put the flight modes on AUX2, with a 3-position switch to have access to all 3 flight modes.
- “PIDs” Tab
- Roll Rate -> 0.70 to start. Adjust higher for more sensitivity, lower for less sensitivity.
- Pitch Rate -> 0.70 to start. Adjust higher for more sensitivity, lower for less sensitivity.
- Yaw Rate -> 0.70 to start. Adjust higher for more sensitivity, lower for less sensitivity.
- Adjust PID values as you deem necessary.
- Go to the “CLI” Tab
- Motor Jitter/Start up spinning -> Type: “set motor_pwm_rate=32000” enter.
- Power down.