[FC] - MultiFlite PICO-B-FC: Cleanflight F3 Quad FC

fc
multiflite
quad
pico
brushed

Critical thinking and process of elimination… You are a wise man, chaotix !

@Chaotixc so im using a spektrum dx8 with a lemonrx sat. i will have another play with the bind.

Is this FC capable of motor testing while connected to betaflight with dark editions :smile: sounds like a lot to ask it for a brushed flight controller, and it is… but the only reason why I am asking is because I have spent a whole day trying to tune out this terrible yaw I get when throttling up and hovering down, and I’m starting to suspect it is a weak motor. It would be awesome if I could motor test it with betaflight but if this isn’t possible I totally understand…

As far as I remember @giles states in the manual that you can connect USB and battery at the same time.
@Chaotix @giles, am I right?

Yes @chrisdo you are correct, it does state in the manual and I can confirm having done just as @quadlifepro wants to do with dark editions. No smoke :blush:

Gentlemen,
I can confirm you may connect battery and USB at same time.
From the pico manual.

Got me by seconds, my friend

@Chaotix that is amazing news to hear! edit: props off? Thanks for the super fast heads up!

@chrisdo @Kamsleo69 - Thanks for the SUPER fast response you guys! :slight_smile: I see another 2 more multiflites in my future… LOVING this FC to pieces!

I built my pico into a stealth frame. Love it.

can we see it? :slight_smile: or is it that stealthy? lmao :wink: jm

EDit: just looked up that frame, looks like a sweet ride! :smiley: looks really strong too!

Yes, it’s not the lightest of micros. The markers are sports Saucer cones, I tried lighting them up with LEDs and flying at night, with a different micro quad.
https://youtu.be/woIqZOl4Ads

Not sure how well the IR cam is working.

Hey @giles just been setting up my PICO-B with the Hex addition, got everything mounted and apparently working, only to find that the board won’t power from the battery. It powers fine over USB and with both the battery and USB connected i can test the motors and they work but on battery alone i get no response from the board at all, Is it likely i’ve fried something? Visually i cant see anything burnt out. Can you point me to the component? Thanks

Your inductor, the component on the top side marked CC has been dislodged. It is about 45° out of line and appears to maybe be shorting nearby components. This is almost definitely the cause of your problem. Heat from soldering the other side to fit the hex adapter will have been the reason it moved. If you know anyone with a hot air rework station it’s an easy thing to sort out and hopefully won’t have damaged anything else.

Good spot @Chaotix. I have a hot air rework so i gave it a go. re positioned the inductor but still getting the same behavior. Looking at my desk i have a 2s lipo next to my 1s both with jst, now im wondering if i used the 2s at some point when motor testing. :cry: Visual inspection wise i cant see anything else, also manged to brown up a couple of the sockets, wish that kapton tape were here already.

Post another pic of the top of the board as clear as possible and let a few eyes have a look. Did you lift the inductor off and redo it?

Yep lifted completely to check for a short under and then repositioned.

Here you go @Chaotix, note the marshmallow looking sockets :blush: checked and im getting continuity across the inductor.