I have finally jumped on the E011 train.
I had a bit of a challenge getting the silverware firmware up and running on linux so I'll drop the procedure here for the old googlebots and anyone else in my situation.
All these steps may not be absolutely necessary, but this is what worked for me:
- Solder a 3 pin connector to the GND, DAT, and CLK pads on the bottom of the board and route the pins out the back like so:
- Connect The STLINK flasher as so:
- STLINK GND -> E011 GND
- STLINK SWCLK -> E011 DAT
- STLINK SWDIO -> E011 CLK
- Install all the things:
apt-get install git build-essential gcc-arm-none-eabi libnewlib-arm-none-eabi openocd
- Plug in the STLINK to USB, wait a few seconds.
- Plug in the lipo to the E011
- Unlock the FC (necessary before initial flash only) with the following command:
openocd -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f0x.cfg -c init -c "reset halt" -c "stm32f0x unlock 0" -c "reset run" -c shutdown
- Power cycle the FC (unplug lipo, unplug usb, plug in usb, plug in lipo)
- Download the zip or clone the git repo and cd to the directory that contains the binary
- Flash dem silvers (replace bwhoop with whatever the binary filename is):
openocd -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f /usr/share/openocd/scripts/target/stm32f0x.cfg -c init -c "reset halt" -c "flash write_image erase bwhoop 0x08000000" -c "verify_image bwhoop 0x08000000" -c "reset run" -c shutdown
Now that I finally got it setup, I have a few questions.
1. How does arming work? Mine is always armed. Does AUX 1 high arm?
2. I'm having a lot of trouble with low end throttle control. I'm used to airmode and set up an idle up switch, but I am finding it hard to find a good cutoff threshold. It's either motors off at zero throttle, or a little bit too powerful making it difficult to descend/hover. What are you guys doing to make the low end throttle more manageable? I've never thrown with expo on throttle but that may be necessary here. Is there throttle expo in the code or does this curve need to be setup in the TX alongside the idle up?
Thanks @NotFastEnuf for the awesome work!