DEVO 10 DeviationTX (Model Files Including the AlienWii FC & Modules Installation)

This wiring scheme worked for me on my new Devo 10.

Parts list:

Bought 2 sets (4 total) of the NRF24L01 module (because one is not enough and in case of burn out during installation, plus to compare 2 manufacturers/vendors) eBay and Banggood.

*Clarification: You do need to solder 2 wires onto 1 pad (on the VDD pad) per the scheme red and pinkish wires (My case purple). I twisted the 2 wires together and tinned/soldered as one.

• BEWARE: Before you power up the transmitter after wiring up the NRF24L01 module, remember to plug in the complete antenna system to the module (Internal wire and external antenna piece. It does not have to be 100% mounted in it’s final installation location in the transmitter, but does need to be plugged into the module, or it can fry it and potentially cause damage).

DuPont 10 wire female to female jumper wire from Banggood. Pulled apart the 7 corresponding color wires from the pictured scheme (used the purple wire from the DuPont for the pinkish color on wiring scheme). *I only cut one end of the DuPont wire to solder onto the transmitter and left the female connector on the other side and plugged in one by one per the scheme onto the NRF24L01 module-In case I ever have to replace or remove it- no soldering required Worked Great!

*Tip: When enabling the NRF24L01 module in the Deviation Hardware config file, and it’s the only module you’ve installed, set it to A13:

enable-nrf24l01 = A13
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1

*Pro Tip 1 (Pun intended): You are performing medium to major surgery on your hard earned money DEVO 10. Use the best tools you can to make it easier and safer for you and the transmitter. I recommend the thinnest/pointiest and longest soldering tip you can get for your soldering device (Or buy a whole new one). I used the Weller 0.01" x 0.4mm Conical Long Tip Part Number PTS7 (not screw driver tip).

The Weller PTS7 is long and almost needle-like. Perfect for this application (as you’ll see the small pads and tiny areas you’ll be working in on the transmitter). Also, make it easy on yourself and easier to work in these tight areas and use liquid flux! It will help with tinning the board and your wire, plus assist in making excellent solder points when you solder the wire to the board.

*Pro Tip 2: I used My DEVO 10’s original plastic box (The Transparent cover and White Base ones) when working on it. The White Base Plastic Box to hold the back half of the transmitter while apart, and the Clear Plastic Cover Face-Down on my work beck to hold the front part of the transmitter while working on in through the entire process. It has all of the DEVO’s shape and cut-outs already and protects the sticks, gimbals and LCD. Perfect fit and totally protected from incidentals and accidentals!

I may post some pics if requested.

1 Like

Attached is an AlienWii FC Model File. Credit mj666

Features: Extreme Pitch, Super Fast Yaw, Throttle Cut, Arm Switch, and 2 Rates:

name=AlienWiibymj666(DSM2)
mixermode=Advanced
icon=Quad.BMP
[radio]
protocol=DSM2
num_channels=12
fixed_id=123456
tx_power=100mW

[protocol_opts]
Telemetry=Off

[channel1]
safetysw=RUD DR1
safetyval=-100
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1

[channel2]
reverse=1
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=70
curvetype=expo
points=25,25
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE2
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[channel3]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
scalar=70
curvetype=expo
points=25,25
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
switch=FMODE2
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[channel4]
reverse=1
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
scalar=60
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
switch=FMODE1
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
switch=FMODE2

[channel5]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=MIX0
dest=Ch5
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=MIX0
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=MIX0
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX2
curvetype=fixed

[channel6]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=ELE DR0
dest=Ch6
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=ELE DR0
dest=Ch6
switch=ELE DR1
curvetype=fixed

[channel7]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL DR0
dest=Ch7
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL DR0
dest=Ch7
switch=AIL DR1
curvetype=fixed

[channel8]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=GEAR0
dest=Ch8
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=GEAR0
dest=Ch8
switch=GEAR1
curvetype=fixed

[channel9]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AUX4
dest=Ch9

[channel10]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AUX5
dest=Ch10

[channel11]
scalar=145
scalar-=145
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch11
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch11
switch=FMODE1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch11
switch=FMODE2
curvetype=fixed

[trim1]
src=LEFT_V
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
[trim2]
src=RIGHT_V
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
[trim3]
src=LEFT_H
pos=TRIMLH+
neg=TRIMLH-
[trim4]
src=RIGHT_H
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
[timer1]
src=ELE DR1
[timer2]
type=countdown
src=ELE DR1
time=360
[datalog]
switch=None
rate=1 sec
[safety]
Auto=min
[gui-128x64]
V-trim=59,10,1
H-trim=5,59,3
V-trim=65,10,2
H-trim=74,59,4
Small-box=2,21,Timer1
Small-box=2,30,Timer2
Small-box=2,39,Ch1
Small-box=2,48,None
Model=75,20
Battery=102,1
Toggle=4,10,0,3,0,RUD DR
Toggle=13,10,0,5,0,ELE DR
Toggle=22,10,0,8,0,GEAR
Toggle=31,10,2,65,129,MIX
Toggle=40,10,0,4,0,AIL DR
Toggle=49,10,1,64,128,FMODE
TxPower=102,7
quickpage1=Telemetry monitor

Nice write up Balto. Are you sure it wasn’t mj666 who gave you that model .ini?

Hi Peter! Thanks, I added the missing 6. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Nice work Balto! Thanks for that contribution. I must admit shamefully that the Tx has been my achilles heel so to speak in all this and I have been trying to avoid it. haha. I chose to learn how to fix my quads and FC’s over the Tx’s. It is great that everyone can pool their knowledge together to help one another like this! I love this stuff :slight_smile:

Please do post some pictures @MasterRC_sTudenT they are worth a thousand words they say :wink:

Thanks Adam! You’re right, Txs are Achilles heels for me too. Multi-Protocols at the press of a few buttons (via a few precision solder points and internal modules) in 1 Tx is pretty attractive and practical. I’ll post some pictures.

1 Like

Hey Balto, sorry I messed with your post to combine it all into one reply rather than several posts. Nice write up :wink:

Note: I Flashed the Tx with Deviation Firmware Prior to Installation. Out of the box and Flashed, the default module supports DSM2 and the AlienWii running the LemonRx DSM2 receiver. This Mod is for the purpose of adding numerous other protocols including WL Toys, YIZHAN, JJRC V2x2

:+1: Cool, thanks. Thought It would not bog down the post with multiple posts instead of one multi-pic post. So far so good.