Community Whoop Races - group invite - 3rd race up! (post #2)

UPDATED: TRACK, RULES, AND PROCEDURES

-20 ft between 2 pylons (about 6 meters for the rest of the world)
-race starts when we can see that you’ve left the ground (or table or whatever)
-10 laps
-“king of the mountain” style challenge.
-post a YouTube video in the thread below to challenge the “king”

I will edit the top 2 posts to keep a side by side race going with whoever is the current “king of the mountain” (fastest) and any new challengers. I will update the “king of the mountain” video on Wed and Sunday nights so that everybody gets featured for a few days that posts their laps. Challenges to the “king” will take place in the order they are posted.

ORIGINAL POST:
Guys, I’d like to propose a virtual whoop race. Given the tech at our fingertips these days - it’s pretty easy to queue up side by side video. All we’d need to do is agree upon the dimensions of a course and a few standard guidelines for entry with a YouTube link. Say for example a 25 or 50 ft spread - two pylon course - 10 laps (for simplicity to try it out). Race starts at takeoff. What do you think? I’d be willing to queue up entries so we could see them side by side but of course any one one of us could do the dirty work on posted video runs to show a side by side race.

"the brushed CLI dumpster" (post or request a magic tune)

CURRENT "KING OF THE MOUNTAIN"
LEADER: @thexboxblaster wears the crown till Wed night. Less than 2% separated our leader from the top 2 challengers!

Submit a run before Wed evening to win the crown.

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

That’s a really cool idea.
I’m a beginner and I am waiting for my fpv gear and other stuff.
But as soon as I get them, I’m in.
I could manage the video editing part, if needed (I’m not a professional but can do a few things).

I like where this is going @NotFastEnuf

I’d like to propose a few ideas. One being a function of the flight simulator Liftoff, where you can create your own tracts in a virtual environment and share it w the community. And race and record times etc

The other is in real life side by side video using the multiGP Universal time trial (UTT) coarses.
The gates and courses are scaled down for Whoop and micro classes.

I’ve flown the liftoff version of the UTT 1 and 2
And they’re a blast, I would love to race you guys there. Side by side or just for best times.
I think there are 5 different UTT courses now we could take our pick.

I’ve actually made a set of official Whoop sized gates out of styrofoam, 4 ea 19"x19" and one hexagon start/finish. I think the hex was 9" to be official.
Let’s do this, I’m in!

There was a thread about this months ago here, not for whoops particularly but a course and format was worked out.

Really?
Don’t know how I missed it. Was it about MultiGP?
I remember a link for that. It sent me down a nice rabbit hole w the Whoop class.

Are you saying your interested? I hope so, cause even for fun, it would feel better for me to loose to people I know :laughing:

Plus, there are many of us that will never get the opportunity to race in person (Un-navigable distances separate us given life’s responsibilities).

I would be up for a whole course - but I don’t want to make it too difficult for our friends that are stuck in big city apartments that may only have a rec room or hallway to fly in - or people like me that are stuck inside with free time being only past midnight. My thinking on a short pylon course was that it provided a rather balanced display of easy participation, piloting skills and actual whoop equipment setups. Would be interesting for many to see how better equipment performs without it being so dependent on piloting. We could always do multiple threads for different courses or just outline them here. I will poke around with the 2 pylon oval to pick a good separation distance today. My brother has my dvr unfortunately ( different city) - maybe my first video post will be getting him to fly it. Lol

Glad you guys are interested!

Heard of Whoop laps?

I’m not on android but somebody is

I’m in!
A 2 pylon sounds nice and easy, a full course sounds good too.

Count me in.
Benedikts original race thread
I knew there was a thread somewhere.

Nice find @Chaotix!
I wasn’t even here yet.
I’ll read through that thread today (at work)

In general, I’m available to race live on sims from
2150-2400 Zulu mon-sat. Or
0800-1000 Zulu mon-sat.

@Kamsleo69 it didn’t take off as much as it could back then but gives a basis for a new challenge course. Scale it down for a room with about 4m of minimum length so 3m pylon spacing maybe?

@Chaotix
I’m in a condo so probably not,
But I do have a "lap"
kitchen, dining room, living room.
I can measure that this afternoon
Otherwise I have plenty of space outside closeby.
Definitely workable.

I’m also going to check out liftoff community and see what that’s all about. Never been in there.

What sims do you guys use?
I have liftoff and fpv event, also open to others.

Edit: also free rider
And I hear velocidrone is very good

Ok- I am going to update the first 2 posts with a simple 2 pylon track and some guidelines to participate. There are lots of great ideas and i want to do them all but we have to start somewhere.

So track rules as follows:
-20 ft between 2 pylons (about 6 meters for the rest of the world)
-race starts when we can see that you’ve left the ground (or table or whatever)
-10 laps
-“king of the mountain” style challenge.

I will edit the top 2 posts to keep a side by side race going with whoever is the current “king of the mountain” (fastest) and any new challengers. I will update the “king of the mountain” video on Wed and Sunday nights so that everybody gets featured for a few days that posts their laps. Challenges to the “king” will take place in the order they are posted.

So measure it out somewhere and post a 10 lap video guys! Let’s get it on!!

I’m down!
MMC Whoop lap challenge accepted!
Gonna put fresh motors in for this one😏

Oh yeah! I may even start a second YouTube channel just to showcase this!

Call it:

Your lap is ‘NotFastEnuf’ !!

I’ll be entering this tonight!
Need to make some pylons…
I literally must construct additional pylons.

Any rules on quads? I’m going to try with my whoop, and also my print-a-whoop. Print-a-whoop uses 7mm motors.
Indoors and small track might limit things pretty well. We’ll see.