Bricked my B-whoop bo3

I made up a custom quad, Carbon frame, 8.5/20 motors, 65mm King Kongs, With a B-whoop bo3 board. Flashed it with Silverware Hex file. It was flying so nice. Amazing in acro. But in angle it had a little wobble in the pid loop. So I decided to get Keil on it. Somehow I messed it up. No led indicators now. Also no voltage detection on screen. Tried every way possible to connect. But the St link needs to detect voltage to complete the process. Is there any way to get past this problem. Any tip’s or ideas would make my day. I basically know the board is erased. and the St link does not know what to do. Stuck on the bench.

Are you powering the board from a lipo when flashing ?

Yes. I tried everything. The st link can’t connect because it sees no voltage. There is also no lights on board. Just a very small blink when I connect the battery. I know you have to connect within 1 sec. And I tried all config’s Normal,Hot,connect under reset. Tried at least 100 times now. I went ahead and installed a new board on my custom build. Back to flying the Hex config…Really been studying all about Keil…I have it all loaded with the Silverware file ready to go…But hesitant till I know it’s right…Gonna order a bunch more of these B-whoop pro’s. I just love these boards…So much fun learning how to talk to semiconductors. I wish I could get that locked up board working again. Thank you so much for the reply. Peace out from Colorado.

Just wanted to say. I did have the hex file on the locked up board. I flew it about 5 times. It was super awesome. But it has a wobble in angle mode…it does kind of show up in acro. So I wanted to get into Keil. So I could adjust the pids…especially d-term. In this process is where I erased the hex file and the board is lost now. Wish there was someway to reset it like the boot pins on other flight controller’s. P.S. also wanted to say. You would be so impressed with this B-whoop pro board. on a carbon frame, 7/20 motors, 65mm king kongs…So amazing massive power and speed. It has no pid wobble with 7/20 motors…just 8.5/20 motors. My next one will be 7/20 custom. Big smiles man.

I am using this…Diy micro fpv 100mm frame…I get on Banggood…I have a lot of these boards. I really like this frame for all my builds. Also I remove all the connectors. So the board sits as flat as possible. Turnigy nano tech 500mah…Caddix beetles, and Boldclash F02h cams…On my modded Devo 7e…yee haw. I am in this stuff heavy…Peace out.

My only issues flashing were when I used a dead lipo to power the board, so my suggestion would be to check that first.
Second, if you flashed the board before, i would try to follow the exact same steps to flash it again with a known good hex file and st link.

Just checked that Boss 7, Looks super cool. A lot of nice quads on that Rotorbuilds page. I run 65 kingkongs on all my custom rigs. Also run Turnigy 500 mah lipo’s so the weight is way over powered. Been flying my new fav. build a lot. It has 8.5/20 motors. And I fly it mostly Los. It is absolutely insane…I just love how Keil works. I sure wish I could get my non-responsive board I goofed up on working again. It won’t power on. I know I didn’t mess anything up with the soldering or connection…I am an Electronic tech. The St link won’t even see the board. I did flash it with the Hex file and it was working so nice. Then I decided to get Keil on it. I think I erased the program. Now it won’t let me load. I will keep trying. I am going to order a bunch more B-whoop pro’s. I Have a Holybro Kopis, GoFly Scorpion x 2, GoFly Falcon 90 and 130, and about 30 micro brushed quads. Of all the li-pos I ever tried…The Turnigy nano tech 300 mah are the most powerful…They just don’t last very long. I fly lots of Los…I blast up to about 80 feet and start doing huge 360 rolls in all directions. So much fun…Have to say…I love brushed and brushless quads so much. Big smiles Edwin.

Thought I better mention…My little custom carbon flyers are not really whoop’s. They are just high speed rippers. But In stock form the B-whoop’s on Keil are soooooooo fun. Very impressed. I am going to order like ten more…he he. Think it’s so cool how the gestures work…three back calibrates the gyro…two left and down…acro…two right and down…angle. Working on figuring out the gesture control foe pids…and working on the alarm mod. So stoked to join Silverware and Keil. Peace out. Oh and I do lots of Fpv…but Los prob. is my main specialty.

Now I bricked another one…So pissed off…I have found that the silkscreen on the board is wrong. I have one B-whoop pro that is running Keil. And it still works great. I just ordered 10 more B-whoop pro quads…Now I have another board that does nothing. This is so frustrating…Can’t understand what I am doing wrong…My st -link will not connect /see the board. When this happens,I am updating the firmware on the st-link…the board flashes then it looses all communication. I have compared all connection’s to my know good working unit…everthing is correct…Has this happened to anyone else…I know these boards are prob. okay…no smoke came out. Now I am really hesitant to flash any more till I figure this out…Any help or tips would be so appreciated…Thanks

Just bricked another one…This is so lame…I really thought this process was somewhat straight forward…I have been programming Keil on my one working quad and it is awesome…I have spent hours reading so many posts. I do the procedure exactly as it says. Now I have three boards dead in the water. The st-link process is screwing up my boards. I am not flashing anymore till I get a handle on this problem. I know these boards are fine…I never can get the message…can not read memory…I go into the options…select level mode 0 hit apply…Then the board just locks up. Sooo bummed…Any idea what I am doing wrong???

You can’t really brick a STM32F0, unless you set the option bytes to 1. When you say locked up, what happens? Have you tried using ST-Link programmer to erase the chip and set option bytes to 0? I’m not sure if it’s ever been recommended to use Keil to set option bytes, didn’t even know it had the option

So stoked to get a reply. Really glad to know that it’s hard to brick a STM32FO. Let me try and explain myself better. 1st …I have a flashed working B-whoop board running Keil. It works every time I connect it up. I have flown it many times, and spent hours tweaking the pids. So this verifies that my st-link programmer is working,and that my connections are all good. 2nd I take a brand new B-whoop. plug in my 1.25 micro jst connector. Its exactly like my flashed unit. I plug in my St-link and quickly connect lipo. I am having a hard time getting the can not read memory message. I do think its possibly connecting up. because I can see it looks like it’s connected in the lower data readout. Then I go into options and set level mode readout from a 1 to a zero…The led’s flash and then it’s locked up. Never can get it to connect again after that. Always using a fresh li-po, and trying hot,normal,reset under connect…w no luck. Wonder if I need that Hex file opened so it has a file to load. I now have three boards that I have done this too. If anyone know’s what I am doing wrong please tell me. I have 7 more B-whoops and I want acro on all of them…Thank you so much for any tips or ideas.

Can you take a screenshot of the errors on the ST-Link utility please?

Not sure I’m understanding your steps, make sure you’re using ST-link utility to check you can get a connection. Start up the program and then press the connect icon once you have attached a battery to the board. You’ll see if there’s a connection straight away. As I said, post a screenshot of the errors, you may have set a different address for the ST-link

I figured out my problem…Yee haw…I was bound and determined to figure this out…Was studying my B-whoop that is flashed and running Keil. Decided to remove the program plug. And solder my 1.25 jst connector wire to the pads, just like on my known good working unit. Bam St-link sees the boards and now I can program all of them. Sooooo happy now. I have to say…Addicted to whoopin all around my house and yard with these quads…in acro they really get going fast. Running the Fo2h Boldclash cam and a few other fpv setups. Along with my 2.5", 3" 5" brushless setups…I love Quads…Happy flying Quad freaks!!! p.s. I have one Bwhoop custom quad,carbon frame, 8.5x 20 mm motors, 65 king kong blades, Turnigy nano tech 500 mah. My modded Devo 7e. It flies like a crazy beast in acro L.O.S…Just amazing. This board is so amazing for custom quads. Peace out.

Thanks so much for your tips Yets…I jumped the hurdles and made it to the finish line…I have spent so many hours using Betaflight…So I have a good understanding of this stuff. But have to say…I did struggle getting Silverware on the table. My problem was a simple connection error. So glad the boards that were lost will have a new life. Thanks again. P.s. Benedict is one of my Quad idols…Big smiles.

2 Likes