BetaFlight 3.2 FINAL - on BetaFPV F3 OSD Whoop

Glad to have found this thread! Just got this FC and built a whoop with 7x16 19kv motors. @Benedikt and others, what do you use for the following parameters:

Gyro update frequency?
PID loop frequency?
Dynamic Filtering?
PT1 filter?
Notch filters?

Used to flying 5" in acro. Many thanks!

For F3 go with 4K/4K with dynamic filter on, PT1 and try both notches off. That should give the best performance assuming motors do not get too hot, check after making changes.

Hi guys,

Just finished building my first Micro, a 7x16 Tiny whoop using the Betafpv F3 OSD Frsky board.

Got it flying well so far with some tweaks of my own that I took from the 5" brushless quads that I fly. Still need to refine this and do more testing.

Here are some differences to the config pasted on this thread that I use on mine and seem to work well for me, would like to share/discuss with you.

• All beepers off - to free up cpu cycles, not that an f3 board would need it anyway"

• All filters off - Not needed in a good build with quality parts.
    "set dterm_lowpass_type = PT1"
    “set gyro_lpf = OFF”
    “set dterm_notch_hz = 0”

• Acro mode enabled - Pilots choice

• Airmode on - Pilots choice

• Motor_stop disabled - For Airmode to work properly your props have to be spinning a little to have authority when throttle is 0"
    “feature -MOTOR_STOP”
    “set min_throttle = 1050”

• Accel disabled - Will allow you to arm/disarm in mid flight upside down or in any position.
    “set acc_hardware = NONE”

• Voltage reading " set vbat_scale = 113" This was a tricky one for me, for some reason my voltage reading was always off when using 110" Would like to know if this is happening to you too.

Will update after further testing.

BF 3.2.4 was released.
Relevant lines from the release note:
Added YSTTM gyro threshold (#4774);
Changed slew filter to work for all axis instead of just yaw (#4819);
Added option to check gyro overflow on yaw or all axes (#4827);

One test flight so far. Flies good, just as 3.2.3, using the exact same settings.

Like to know peoples thoughts on this FC.

If you are looking for bad reviews you are probably in the wrong spot. I will say that I own 3 whoops with betaflight osd compatible fc’s and the betafpv with black motors is my favorite to fly right now. Go for it!

12 posts were split to a new topic: S.Port on BetaFlight F3 FC (external Rx)

I just purchased the upgraded inductrix fpv + frame and stock motor replacements from this website. Turns out the lack of power wasn’t due to a bad motor. It still needs over half throttle to idle even with the brand new motors. I think the board is shot so I wanted to swap to this BetaFPV board. It should fit in that frame, right?

Yep, fits. Flies great, one of my favourite setups so far!