Beecore Lite Silverware FC

The breakout pads on the top go to mcu pins 17 and 18, according to the datasheet these pins are the usart1/i2c pins.

The four solderpads on the bottom are to be used for flashing using the st-link. The two middle pads go to mcu pin 19 and 20 swdio and swclk

—-
Rik

Thanks for probing Rik,

Will verify tomorrow if below schematic is correct.

the pin marked swdata is SW_CLK, ( corner pin of the cpu) , the one under is SW_DIO , not sure from the pic if it really is connected there but looks like it

So it think it’s correct

Any idea why they would have chosen to break out ic2/serial on the top pads which are easy accessible. Not sure what ‘accesorizing’ my micro brushed’s would need :joy:

I received my Beecore Lite from XT-XINTE the other day and just got around to try flashing it today. Thanks for the tips, @TinuZ, @Rhuumyn, and @silver13. For reference, I was able to successfully erase and then flash mine using these pins, as labeled:

beecore_lite_prog

I haven’t flown it yet, but hope to get to that soon.

Buzzer, smart audio, led bling, osd, gps, barometer, lap timer transponder, serial logging, a lazer…
The possibilities are endless!!! :smile:

I wonder if that serial port would accept serial flashing using ftdi instead of stlink. I’ve only tried that on pa9 and pa10. If so… that may be the real intention - A usb/uart interface. Maybe I’m giving eachine a little too much crrdit. It’s been on my mind to bring that into my next design with a ch340 on board and an actual usb port.

@NotFastEnuf those pins go to pa9/pa10 Would it be possible to flash using uart instead of the st-linker?

Should be. On my f0 breakout board I’ve flashed using an arduino nano as a ftdi on pa9 & 10 with a program called flash loader demonstrator.

@NotFastEnuf Yes, i figured it out already using the sample programmer from stm32. I have to short boot0 and them i am able to flash using uart. I broke the pads for the st-linker before when i tried to solder breakout pins on it. small tip solder wires on the beecore lite ;).

Yep, forgot about dfu but you’re right that is also necessary… good job man!!!

Thanks to Riks warning I used wires and flashed succesfully using the pads on the bottom. At least we already know how to recover in case someone does lift a pad :wink:

@Rhuumyn, usually pa9 and pa10 are i2c lines to the gyro. So did eachine leave these pins completely open and break them out to that header on top? …or are they still connected to the gyro?

@NotFastEnuf There is only one i2c port on the f0 chip, so it must be a split with the gyro lines. There is also gibberish on the serial line when connected to firmware after boot. Would be nice to set some settings using the uart interface, but then we need to move to atleast a STM32F030x8/C to disconnect the gyro from a serial line.

Thanks - that explains why we need to be in dfu. It’s been a while since I test flashed using serial, but since I did it on the breadboard I just disconnected the gyro at the time. Hopefully with the increasing popularity of dedicated silverware boards, we just get gyro off i2c all together and move it over to spi where it belongs!

I’ve got a mpu 5881 and 9250 that I need to try spi with. Plus invensense just released a new gyro specifically for drone and similar use. They have some interesting ideas on what they think is best which is quite contrary to the current direction the hobby is going.

SPI FTW! For gyro, RX, and all! :grin:

Interesting, @NotFastEnuf! Do you have a link to more info? Always cool when component manufacturers innovate and/or go against established wisdom, regardless of whether it pans out or misfires. :wink:

Here you go… sorry it was Bosch.
https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/bst/products/all_products/bmi088_1

2000khz maximum sampling rate??? I wonder what we are doing trying to clean up 32khz. :smile:

Oh man… I am just putting one together and came across this thread… Am I understanding correctly that these pins dont work for ST-LINK??? Arrrrggghhh.

EDIT: Those pads on top are false advertising, plain and simple. Dickbrains.

@Jakerock You are correct, you can flash using those pins but you have to use a uart to usb and put the board in dfu mode. Or use the pads on the bottom, the pinout is linked earlier in this thread.

Did they break out the boot pin @Rhuumyn or do you have to short it on the mcu?

Seeing pads so clearly labeled as data, clock, & ground which are not actually connected to data and clock just makes me apply my palm to my forhead, shake my head slightly, and mumble… “come on eachine…mislabeled pads again - how is this still a thing!”

Why do we tolerate a company that floods the market with product littered in ubiquitous errors, zero customer support, and the assumption that the fpv community will figure it all out and help their customers get in the air for them. Are we all so desperate to save a few bucks that we are willing to sell out on holding our vendors/manufacturers to a higher standard? Ugh… I should probably keep my rant to myself. Rofl.

Because sometimes they come up with an E011 and revolutionize everything :smiley:

The errors are maddening though.