Micro Motor Community

Beecore Lite Silverware FC

I just avoid Levelmode :stuck_out_tongue:

Was anyone able to determin what was causing the beecore lite to basically quit yawing?

Investigation of a similar problem with the Newbeedrone Hummingbird fc led to a cure of sorts. The gyro needs to run a lot slower than NFEs code, probably due to hardware design flaws. Line 207 in defines.h
#define GYRO_LOW_PASS_FILTER 0
Change from 0 to 3

2 Likes

Hello Yaw
Working

How can I had barometer to the beecore FC lite? Or gps? What pins do I have to use?
So tiny and cheap board, wouldn’t mine tinkering with a few.

There are quite a few silverware forks that support barometer. Best place to start is Silver13’s main repository for the bwhoop on github, then look trough all the different forks. You’re bound to find a few supporting barometer. The specific usernames I can’t recall at the moment but I know there are some. That gets you some example code to work from and start your own project or just use one of theirs.

NotFastEnuf I think the beecore fc lite does not have barometer and don’t know if it’s possible or where to connect one on this board.
About the forks, I found one with altitude hold but is deprecated.
So I just found SilverWare - BoldClash BWHOOP B-03 Altitude Hold Version on github, does this firmware works on beecore lite fc?
Do I have to edit the firmware and assign port for barometer? What ports can I use?

Barometer takes an i2c connection. The bwhoop with built in barometer may be a better fc for you to start with if you’re not familiar with hacking boards or working with code. Otherwise I think that beecore thing breaks out the i2c lines which also connect to the gyro. I’ve never actually had my hands on one. But those altitude hold projects should run on them - it’s the same target. Youre talking about exploring functionality that I have personally never looked into for myself… so the advice I can offer is pretty limited.

I got me one of this boards, sadly i broke one of the pads.
From what i manage to gather one can still do it in DFU mode using a uart to usb, sadly only this info is to little for me, where is the boot pin located? do i need to use any special software to flash the firmware?
A detailed guide or just some pointers would be appreciated.

beecore_lite_prog

What pad did you break?

Swslk, 3rd from the top on the photo above

Method 1:
I don’t own this board to be totally certain but I think that pa9 and pa10 are broken out on those pin holes on the side of the board. You can Google a pinout for the f0 and test continuity. Pa10 is a usart RX and pa9 is a usart TX. What you’ll have to do is pull the boot pin on the stm (identified in the pinout) high to a 3.3v source and power it up. This will put the chip in dfu. Then you can use STM’s flash loader demonstrator program and a usb/uart tool to flash over pa9/pa10. Remember RX to TX crosses in this method when you connect up.

Method 2:
That swclk pad just goes straight to a pin on the f0. So you’d have to solder a wire straight to the matching pin. Then proceed to flash as always with a stlink tool.

Both the swd clock pin and the boot pin are easy to get to if I recall. Top pin on opposite sides of the f0 so you can come in straight from the side and avoid shorting other pins. Either way will work, good luck and try to enjoy the process!

Thanks NotFastEnuf, could you check the photo i upload to see if it is correct? aio

No… pin 19 is data. You need pin 20 for clock. For your top picture - you have pin 1 location correct… but pin 20 is directly up from it… not diagonal across. Pin numbers count “around the world” from pin 1 (refer to your middle picture ).

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

Just got 2 Beecore Lite fc’s and am having a ball playing with channels, config and other “stuff”. Such a rush for this Electrical Engineer to be able to compile, flash, edit,… Repeat in less than 2 minute increments!

Where should I go to play with different rates on a channel switch? Ideally I would like to get to the ability to put variable rates on my sliders on my X9D+ (with my Jumper Jp4-in-1)

The easiest way to play with rates live using your transmitter is:

1. Set the highest rates you want using the MAX_RATE and MAX_RATEYAW #define’s in config.h,
  2. Set the LOW_RATES_MULTI #define to what you would like to multiply those rates by when in low rate mode (the default is 0.5), then
  3. Set one of your aux channels to control the rates switch with the #define RATES. The default there is “CHAN_ON”, which means to always be at high rates. If you set that to “CHAN_8”, you would get low rates when that channel is off/low and high rates when it is high.
  4. Assign one of your Taranis switches to that aux channel

To get variable rates on a slider, you can use the “Analog Aux” feature down near the bottom of config.h. There is more info in the Silverware README and here on RC Groups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3121896-Analog-Aux-Channels-for-Silverware
For that, you probably need to flash your Jumper module to the latest firmware to get the Bayang Analog Aux feature.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the pointers! Given me a good start👍

1 Like

I have allways had a little shake with this board like bent shaft or bad prop. Went to props out and thish thing shakes bad. New props and new motors made no difference. Any ideas before it goes in the garbage?