Micro Motor Community

AcroWhoop V2 FC

Hi Folks

I have a question regarding flight controller direction setup in Betaflight. I have a build where I had to mount the AcroWhoop FC backwards meaning the arrow on the FC is pointing to the back. When I look in Betaflight, if I tilt the quadcopter forward, it actually tilts backwards. I went under the configuration tab in BF and changed the yaw direction of the FC to 180 degrees. Once I saved it and reconnected, everything seems to respond correctly when I moved the quad around in Betaflight. The odd thing is after I after this change, as soon as I arm the quad and give it some thrust, it freaks out (as if the props are on backwards or something which they are not). If I go back into BF and change the yaw direction back to 0 degrees, I have no problems flying the quad (I have to fly it backwards). Is there any other settings I need to change after I change the yaw direction to 180 degrees to get this thing to fly correctly?

Thanks!
Eric

You will need to remap the motors using the resource command in cli.
Type resource, enter. Copy the results and paste into a text file, swap the motors.
1 becomes 4, 2 becomes 3, 3 becomes 2 and 4 becomes 1.

An example,
resource MOTOR 1 B08
resource MOTOR 2 B09
resource MOTOR 3 A03
resource MOTOR 4 A02

Becomes,
resource MOTOR 1 A02
resource MOTOR 2 A03
resource MOTOR 3 B09
resource MOTOR 4 B08

Alter the text file as needed and copy and paste it into cli, hit enter, type save and enter again. After a reboot check in cli that the resources are as you set them and all should work properly.

Thank you sir! Works perfectly!!! Thanks again!