3d printed battery holder for e010

Hey All !!!

is there a link to the 3D printed battery holder for the E010 for the MyLipo 205 1s?

that was referenced in the Micro Motor Workshop - hacking the BeeBrain video session?

Foam.

No image, same?

1 Like

@chrisdo Yes! I was wondering what the easiest option was…this should do nicely. Now to find suitable foam for DIY version.

I just cutted off the battery tray and use a rubber band to hold the battery.

3 Likes

Thanks @benedikt !!!

I see MicroMotorWharehouse has added it to Thingverse :slight_smile: battery bracket to mount whoop pack into E010 http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1858000

@chrisdo haha, sometimes the best tech is low tech. :+1:

true true, I went a step further and am only using one :slight_smile: used it in the front as a template to snip two vertical cuts in the tray to form a bent tab then installed it in the rear. the pressure from the bent tab in the front keeps the battery snug and in place

@chrisdo

How much weight did you that save on the frame ? Probably quite a bit, did you loose anything in the way of structural that is noticeable? I was thinking of speed drilling the fan ducts as appropriate to see if I could get some weight reduction that way.

~Kirk

I managed to get the frame weight down to 4g. Removed battery tray and trimmed the ducts with an exacto knife. Stole that idea from @Luftschraube (was it you?)
So far it’s solid and didn’t break.
Long term testing will tell the truth.
But for less then 2 bucks a frame, I don’t care.

Stock e010/h36 frame

Modded frame

China Whoop

1 Like

Sweet !!! Nice carving on that one !!

I should start whitlin’ on my spare… your 20.00 is with or without battery ???

@chrisdo dude that looks super rad!!! Dang it Bangood…ship meine frames!!!

Yes, without battery. It’s 26g with mylipo 205mah.

Have you guys saw this? Even cheaper than BG.

Ok.
DOA.
3 of 4 frames in bad condition.
Let’s see how gearbest customer service compare to banggood.

That’s a bummer dude… hope they take care of it for you quickly and with no hassle

good news is you have one that you can use now !!!

I made a little adapter for the battery bay with some sheets of craft foam and super glue… Just used calipers to measure the inside dimensions of the bay and cut a little bigger so that it fits snuggly…

I cut off the complete better tray. 0.4g less payload. Only need 1 loomband 0.05g and battery is secured.

1 Like

Nice work @befreestudios.

I did the same as @Luftschraube.

1 Like

Nice, I’ll try that on my next one (Furious Whoop). :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m down with full removal of battery cage and an elastic band too, elastic band are tradition!