20 X 20 Vacuum Formed Canopy Camera Mount - Group Build

Guess we will focus on the square design first for the pico x, hell whoop, chaser88, aurora 90…

And a host of picnicquads frames should fit that style too. Diamond layout is niche sort of for now.

1 Like

Can anyone measure the vtx03 - specifically the part of the circuit board that the antenna attaches to? The rest of the dimensions are posted. I’m going to start modeling this design in sketchup beginning with the camera. Going to shoot for an adjustable range of 25 to 35 degrees - sound about right? Once we get a form we all like - it’s off to @Bobnova to print.

I figure this project deserves it’s own design - not just a cut down whoop canopy. So it’s time to rely on technology so we can more easily refine the iterations. Any suggestions for stylistic elements? Maybe a scoop to vent the vtx - like an old ram air trans am? We need some sort of inspiration…

1 Like

A classic NACA duct would be pretty awesome.
Airflow is a good idea I think, some of those higher power vtx units run hot.

1 Like

Yeah - when I go brushless - I intend to eat every bit of the range 200mw has to offer. I think it’s a must.

I’m imagining automotive inspiration with sort of flared front fenders (ie 70’s vette) with a bubbled roofline depressed in the center (ie viper). Put an naca vent right on top in the middle…

1 Like

I’ll post vtx03 dimensions in a few hours when I’m back home.

Adjustable angle sounds good. 25-40 might cover most applications. But 35 should be good too.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks man. Now I can model it up and start designing the canopy around it!

@NotFastEnuf!
It’s been a while😁
So what size did you drill the holes on your vacuum forming box to?
This is mine, The working space is 7 1/4” long by 4 1/2” wide and my grid is 1/2”x 1/2”

Thanks!

Hrm, I think I did 3/8ths… But would probably do 1/4 next time I made one. Looking good!

1 Like

Great, I’ll get on it !
Btw, what’s your fav recyclable material? I have been collecting all sorts of plastic the last few days:
Milk, juice, Chinese food etc.
any pointers?

I stick to recycle #2. Hdpe. It’s by far the easiest!